Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I can't figure out how to post more than one picture. It keeps replacing the old one when I edit it. How do I get more than one? BTW, yeah, the doors are silver. Amazing what you can do with a few cans of Krylon.

Attachments

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
You can only attach one image per post, so don't go back and edit the post, just make a new reply. :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Your interior looks good!, How long have you had it painted? had any of the paint started to flake or chip off? and how did you paint it? any prep work done? what about clear coats? I'm asking b/c i may end up trying this down the line but dont want it to look crapy!
Alex

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I did was sand and prime. The paint was krylon and it works really well. I've actually been working on this for just over a year off and on. So far none of it has flaked or anything but, if you do an economy job such as this, you have to be a little careful with it, especially in the first week while the paint hardens. I was surprised when I first did it how well it came out. Originally I clearcoated it and it actually made the paint look really dull, so I tried it again without. It looked much better and it's real easy to clean. The hardest part about it is pulling some of the pieces out (like the top storage compartment) but even then most are pretty easy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm getting an STI replica version 6 wing too. I'll post it when I actually get enough money to paint the sucker. I bought it on ebay but really can't afford it. Ebay is the DEVIL! :devil: Way too much temptation to buy something you can't afford! Can't wait until the summer when I'll have enough money for an exhaust and chip. BTW, Colorado people. Who's going to the Hill Climb this year? It's gonna be sweet! Get in now before its too late. Are the rumors that they're going to pave the road to the top true?

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Very nice looking ride! Looks great! I really like the half black, half silver dash! I also go with the red accent on my car, but you have me beat by a mile! Out of curiosity, what did you use to paint the under-hood bits, and was there any special prep to them due to oil/dirt buildup? Or just a good cleaning?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts