Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to use my rs tranny on my v3 ej20t swap is it better for me to use the a new oem clutch bcuz mine is toasted or go with a stage 2 clutch kit ?? and i am just going to get my flywheel resurfaced to save some cashhh any incite>>????

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
You're not supposed to resurface Impreza flywheels. Just buy a new one they aren't that much more. Re: a clutch I would suggest at minimum an ACT street clutch. The OEM RS clutch won't hold 300 HP so well.

cheers

garrett

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
674 Posts
^ I resurfaced my stock RS flywheel twice. Once when had a Spec clutch kit and one more time right before I put in my ACT... never had any problems after resurfacing and putting in a new clutch.

I would have to disagree about the pricing though, you can get a flywheel resurfaced for like $30 which is way cheaper than buying a new one.

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
I just think it's worth it. 150 bucks or whatever for a new one. Seems worth it in case the person that resurfaced it was a jack ass and messed it up or skimmed it too much or isn't balanced and you then have a CEL or worse it shatters. Then you have to buy a new one anyway and replace it which is either a huge PITA or costly. Like not replacing the throwout bearing. It's just a hassle and could cost you more in the long run.

cheers

garrett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts