New tires
BC Racing BR coilovers
Car Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought this car THINKING is was a real 2.5rs. Put money into it just to find out after instead of being a “clean title 2001 2.5rs” it’s really a salvaged title 95 Impreza L (GIGANTIC FUCK YOU to the guys who sold it to me claiming he had no idea the vins were switched) she’s a lesson to say the least. Don’t get too excited when buying a car. Do your research and check ALL the vins. Not just the easy to see ones. Forgot to mention she’s fucking register as a 2001 but the fucking car has no OBD2. So how will it ever pass smog 🙃
Just put some fresh tires on it and ordered some new rotors and pads as well. (I’ve been driving it to work since I got it back from the motor swap so I need it to stop so I don’t die in a crash) lol.
Looking for a clean body I can swap everything over to and junk this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last time I checked, that was a felony. You could just report them.
Apparently it’s a civil matter? I work a lot and was told I have to report him to a police station closest to where I bought the car and hope they won’t just say it’s a civil matter. I just haven’t had the time to do so. Was also told I can lose the car if I go that route and I don’t want to be assed out of ~$8k. Really not sure how to go about it. I was told I should get the VIN verified and do the paperwork to get it turned back into a 95. At least that way I can eventually get the car smog checked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It seems like they went through the trouble to swap over the sunroof but didn’t bother to swap over the RS wiring harness so it would be OBD compatible. That’s just silly.
HIDs in those housings are illegal and unsafe for every one else on the road. Why make the road more dangerous for every one else, it's already bad enough with just the drivers, let alone drivers who blind others just for the sake of 'well i can see so to heck with you'.
Are they really? I’ve been getting a lot of people flashing their high beams at me recently because I’m sure I’m blinding everyone…. I’ll change them out soon. I don’t want to be that guy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems like they went through the trouble to swap over the sunroof but didn’t bother to swap over the RS wiring harness so it would be OBD compatible. That’s just silly.
Apparently this L model came with one. I’m going to a smog shop tomorrow to see what’s up with the OBD port. Im a noob and can be wrong about it now being OBD compatible, I couldn’t get my code reader to read the car but I could’ve been using it wrong. Again. I’m a noob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts