Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1001 - 1020 of 7129 Posts

·
misinformedia.com
09' Forester, 00 RS, 02 Legacy
1,816 Posts
hey man ill help ya out if you want. but yeah same here i still have my swifts hangin out waitin for mother, being that i basically stripped a nut on my strut anyways. lol cold blows.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,004
Cause stock sucks and ive gone crazy with everything else on the suspension. Why would i put rubber top hats on with 200k on em? The noltec plates are adjustable, as well as having urethane bushings so you can maintain some sort of ride quality for street use. Theyre real nice pieces.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L Brilliant Red
2,113 Posts
Holy crapola. I leave for like a couple of days from your journal and your going bonkers for boost on me now? xD Nice!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,773 Posts
Hey the strut came! FINALLY, thanks for the advice. I know the Intrax will get me real low, thats what I'm looking for and I figure with a solid strong strut such as the GR2 will help the ride of the height. George has the intrax springs and I love his height and he's told me good things about the ride he witnesses on the springs. Maybe he'll take me for a ride. idk. GL buddy on the rest of the car, I'll check back soon
!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,010
Thanks Teece, GR2s are good replacements for stock.

I was thinking on buying a hood and bumper to temporarily hold me over so i can get my front end to Andy and get the rest of the money to finish some stuff.

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
heheh I did the struts on my 240 sans lift in the drive way, on a hill with jackstands on the front and a jack under the differential...oh and plenty of blocks of wood. It is a pain in the ass but I did it...still needs an alignment but that can wait until after I get me some camber bolts.......took about 2 1/2 hours....the springs were so short I didn't even need a spring compressor! lol

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,012
I have a compressor if i need it, these springs arent super short so im sure ill need em.

But a very nice suprise came in the mail, courtesy of the United Kingdom. :) I had them cut in Graphite, and they look fantastic!

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
= MAD MONEY!

I can get front and rear Noltec plates for less than a set of Trey's. Christo, :lol: unless i win the lottery, i aint boosting anything anytime soon.
And the thickness and quality of Noltec? Just saying i've seen lots and LOTS of parts bend like puddy that I thought would be more solid. These are worth the few extra coins. Plus you gain caster adjustment aswell.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
I ran Noltec camber plates on my AGX, H&R setup and loved them! Although there alittle pricey there well worth the money.

Although I'm not still sure they make them for the GC.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,015
Yeh i found a set for the GC, the dampened ones with the bushings. Plus, Gaddis, these arent plate style camber plates, theres 2 plates that sandwhich the center section that holds the strut, its hard to explain but its a nice setup.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
Not what I was thinking but along the same idea. I saw a camber plate set last summer on an STi that made my head scratch for about 5 minutes till I figured it out.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,019
I might possibly be trading front ends with a local member, if all goes well that should save me about 400 bucks :lol: Lets see what happens, im also going to a few junkyards, so hopefully i can find some bits, im banking on a set of side skirts *fingers crossed*

1001 - 1020 of 7129 Posts