Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 7100 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well, both headgaskets went this morning, leaks when cold and when idling, but at RPM it slows down a bit, maybe cause the coolants moving faster. And to add to it, that tire i ran over beat the piss out of my floorboards, i pulled off the reast of my broken heat shields, and i need to pull all my suspension, and redo all my rubber parts under there, everythings dry and starting to crack. Im starting to think about trying to find some money and just completely swap over everything off an STI... Im sick i buying these 10 year old motors. Ugh, to add to my wonderfull day i flipped on my teacher and his boss for being complete airheads... And theres a Advance Auto opening a few towns over so im gonna apply there... Hopefully something good happens cause im about to fucking lose it... Imma go play forza and read the new super street with the Jun STI, oh yeh!

·
Registered
VR6
1,909 Posts
Well, both headgaskets went this morning, leaks when cold and when idling, but at RPM it slows down a bit, maybe cause the coolants moving faster. And to add to it, that tire i ran over beat the piss out of my floorboards, i pulled off the reast of my broken heat shields, and i need to pull all my suspension, and redo all my rubber parts under there, everythings dry and starting to crack. Im starting to think about trying to find some money and just completely swap over everything off an STI... Im sick i buying these 10 year old motors. Ugh, to add to my wonderfull day i flipped on my teacher and his boss for being complete airheads... And theres a Advance Auto opening a few towns over so im gonna apply there... Hopefully something good happens cause im about to fucking lose it... Imma go play forza and read the new super street with the Jun STI, oh yeh!
fmylife. lol

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
Geez man. Well Good luck. You can't have any of mine but I wish it upon you. I need all my own luck with my dealing with the FUCKING SVX at the moment.
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Stopped by the stealership, $1200 and my keys for 2 days will get me new head/valve cover gaskets... I have $61.83 in my bank account... Now what? Anyone know a cheap place i can get HGs done in cleveland? Id do em myself but i cant do em at school cause i cant leave it over night and i have no garage or tools to do it :(

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
Too bad you're not in chicago, I'd let you borrow my garage and tools just so I could watch you change the headgaskets... I know I'll end up having to change them one day, all the EJ251's seem to be crapping out lately

·
Registered
95GF4 , 99SF5
1,207 Posts
You seem to have very bad luck. Either that or you're doing something wrong.
I've said it before and I'll have to say it again! Good luck with the car!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Too bad you're not in chicago, I'd let you borrow my garage and tools just so I could watch you change the headgaskets... I know I'll end up having to change them one day, all the EJ251's seem to be crapping out lately
Yeh, this'll be my 2nd in 5 months if i dont do something fast...

I've said it before and I'll have to say it again! Good luck with the car!
Thanks im gonna need it... Bastard jersey dude won the ohio lottery wtf?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
MMkay, heres the down-low...

The guys cant get to my car for 2 weeks = Not good

My friend bought a house, with a brand new 2 bay garage, and he has 1000s of tools = Awsome

SubaruParts.com is $200 cheaper than the dealer = Awsome

So im most likey gonna do this myself next week, hes got a sweet garage so itll be cool. Im thinking while im in there, beside an oil and coolant change, i wanna to the transmission and diff, but is it too late? Its got 160K on it, i dont know when the last change was done...

And if i have some money left over, i need brakes real bad, but i wanna do a few bushings, maybe even some urethane if i has the cash. Dunno yet, but anyone have experiance with Redline? Im 30mins from summit and they have everything, i wanna run redline in the trans and diff.

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
MMkay, heres the down-low...

The guys cant get to my car for 2 weeks = Not good

My friend bought a house, with a brand new 2 bay garage, and he has 1000s of tools = Awsome

SubaruParts.com is $200 cheaper than the dealer = Awsome

So im most likey gonna do this myself next week, hes got a sweet garage so itll be cool. Im thinking while im in there, beside an oil and coolant change, i wanna to the transmission and diff, but is it too late? Its got 160K on it, i dont know when the last change was done...

And if i have some money left over, i need brakes real bad, but i wanna do a few bushings, maybe even some urethane if i has the cash. Dunno yet, but anyone have experiance with Redline? Im 30mins from summit and they have everything, i wanna run redline in the trans and diff.
some good reading about redline:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90711&highlight=dvskd4

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Awsome, just read it, thanks. Im thinking im gonna go with the 75w90NS, anyone have any other ideas on what i should check out while im under here? Im also going to put in some sensors for gauges which ill eventually put in the next few weeks.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I been day dreamin all day/night...

Thinking of a single cam, turbo EJ22 closed deck leggy block, to some single cam heads with some porting... Cheap(ish), and i got lots og junk/salvage yards and theres a good chance i can get a block, redo the rings and pistons and crank, and have a 22B replica motor hah.... idk, just dreamin...

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
You know that's not what the 22B motor was right? It's a 2.0L bored and stroked to 2.2L. Just so you know
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Well aside of thinking about engine stuff, and busting my ass swaping V8s all day, i drove to give the RS a bath...

And i notice that my paint is now chipping away, not of rust, just from rock chips on the backside of the c pillar...go figure...

And i go to walmart, and i see the shopping cart guy pushing carts across the lot, mind you i park at the end of civilization so i dont get scratches on my car from retarded people that shop there. I walk out to find scratches all the way down the driver side of my car, i am soooo pissed and im emailing walmart about it, cause i want it painted...

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Well, today i went to school on 1 hr of sleep, rotated the tires, cut the tow hooks, cleaned the engine up a bit, fixed some exhaust banging, and started undercoating some parts of the car. But i planned out some stuff today and found that with the issues im having with the car, like the rear end being gone, shitty motor, beat trans etc etc, and replacing all the rubber under the car, that a full swap would be more feasible, not to mention cheaper. I was thinking of what clips/cuts i should start looking for and ive narrowed it down to a V3 or V4 clip, one cause they tend to be on the cheaper end and in more quantity. But the V2 and V3 have closed deck blocks which i see as an advantage, but the V4 has better brakes. But the V2 has about 250 horse, and the V3/V4 have roughly 280... Right now im leaning towards a V3, and if i can get a good clip, i could possibly do a rhd swap if i get a garage by the end of summer.

Also, at the moment, ill be in ohio at school for another 2 years, im taking the High Performance and Fabrication Technology course there, it covers everything from welding and metal fab, to physics and theroy so hopefully it turns out good and i can benefit by getting a job with a shop or higher company, dealers arent my thing...

61 - 80 of 7100 Posts