Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

7041 - 7060 of 7112 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally tore down this block i have, i bought it as a regular 207 but it ended up being a Group-N shortblock. This was the easiest motor ive ever taken apart, the case halves split with one whip of the hammer, all the bolts are in great shape. I got it split and found that everything inside was labeled, engraved, balanced, shaved etc etc mobdro lucky patcher kodi. All the rods were balanced and engraved, the pistons were balanced and matched with cylinders, the bearings arent subaru OEM bearings so im going to check those out when i have time, but some of the shells were hand sanded. Very cool little block, also these are some damn thick cylinder liners, i had to use 3/8 drive sockets for the bolts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,046
Chassis wise, they probably have little to no GC stuff and minimal GD parts. Every photo is GR/VA parts but they still run old EJ20's so if they have decently priced cylinder heads and possibly an exhaust manifold with an ALS air port, id be driving home with those. Id like to not drop a few grand, but i will if i have to in the sake of getting good parts for the RS.

Speaking of the RS, ive been eyeballing going to a stand alone ECU from ECU Master but im trying to figure out how to piggyback the OEM ECU to pass inspection. Any ideas?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,048
Oh man! I ordered parts for the RS from England and ordered parts for the Crosstrek from Japan, everything shipped today so next week is like early christmas! Tomorrow might be like early christmas as well, i hope theres some good shit i can use its a 6 hour damn drive from me.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,690 Posts
Hahah deal.

Although maybe it'll be better to wait til it comes back. You'd probably install it faster. :lol:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,054
So the vermont sports car thing was fantastic, they priced everything really well and just about every person was gobbling up body parts to get autographed, so all the good stuff was left for the pickings.

Yesterdays score:

and a cool set of pin stands :cool:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,055
Since everyone seems to have a hard on about the RS lately, here's the rough intercooler fitment. The red support will be cut out so the core will move up 12mm and forward about 20. The brz radiator will drop about 15-20mm as well, the lower height of the brz rad will allow the charge pipes to go right over the top. I like it

and the rad fan fits perfect, if i make a different shroud i can get two side by side to fit perfectly but this fan is rated at 1300cfm which is a lot.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,057
For what you could get, it was. Wheel sets for $250, coil springs for $25, $125 for skid plates, intercoolers for $250 and rads for $300. I missed all the stock size rads but its no biggie im going with a BRZ unit.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,059
Frankenstruts are complete, mixed and matched a bunch of stuff i had to make a trick set of dampers. Tein HG damper bodies, Swift springs (6k/F and 4k/R) Hyperco tender springs, Ohlins front mount plates, Tein rear with Cusco bearing assemblies.

7041 - 7060 of 7112 Posts