Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

6941 - 6960 of 7096 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,943 (Edited)
Way less squat and roll then in the spring, a billion times less than the Fozz. Ride height feels good too, i had no rubbing at all the whole weekend, maybe a kiss or two on the front fender liners from getting air over some corners but i didnt feel anything in the wheels.

The photographers on the dragon are a good tool to see what your car is doing from the outside at different corners, straights, and surfaces.

I feel with the reduced camber i have more of the inner tire on the ground than previous alignments, i noticed way less steering-jacking and tire lifting up front.

This is one of the faster sweepers, still have some wheel travel up front with much less squat, the stiffer springs help a ton

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,945 (Edited)
21mm sti pink bars, 10k front and 8k rear on the Tein struts, aside from a missed gear or two, my buddy in his Exige and me in this are a dead match through the mountain. Dead even on the straights, same speed through sweepers, same speed through chicanes. Im really pushing the car, i think his car can go faster but he wont. He has an upgraded pulley on the blower, penske dampers, dogbox, full aero and is 600+lbs less than the GF. Ill post a video later

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,948
Anyone have recommendations of retuning for 87 octane fuel? Im trying to save money on this road trip next month and i can knock about $200 off fuel cost running 87

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,953
Gave it a good scrub to get the critter glitter off, then threw on some 35% hater blocker, and threw in the extended armrest because i couldnt wait :lol: and i finally bought a real downpipe so im going to throw the JNA catback on since the baffle in the genome split from my last trip. After all these years, this JNA exhaust just doesnt die. Its been on 5-6 cars over the course of 10 years and hasnt rusted, fell apart, broken, nothing... Probably the best $200 i ever spent on a car part. I think it'll sound pretty good too once i burn out the bugs and chipmunks living in it

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
my thoughts on low octane fuel is that the reduced timing and performance with cost you more mileage than the 30 or so cents you save per gallon.

Our dilemna running Carberry is that we have to set timing at its max, theres no setting a base timing and have a 10° of advance table to see what it will take. So it is what you make it, unless it knocks and pulls it

I plan on burning 2 tanks on my STPR trip, but e85 so it'll only cost me like $45 lol

EDIT: ugh, seems im a page behind

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,956
Well theres no 93/94 out west, im thinking of just bringing the boost to spring pressure (1bar) and taking a wee bit of timing off the top, maybe 3* through whatever load cells the car is in, just incase i want to play around a little bit. Pikes peak will be a different story :lol: im sure there is 93 in the area so i can put the regular map back in it.

You ever use the knock-cel option? My light will flash but it doesnt pick up anything in the logs and no audible knock at all, im turning it back off i think its bogus.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Well theres no 93/94 out west, im thinking of just bringing the boost to spring pressure (1bar) and taking a wee bit of timing off the top, maybe 3* through whatever load cells the car is in, just incase i want to play around a little bit. Pikes peak will be a different story :lol: im sure there is 93 in the area so i can put the regular map back in it.

You ever use the knock-cel option? My light will flash but it doesnt pick up anything in the logs and no audible knock at all, im turning it back off i think its bogus.
I have my light active. Theres a min trigger setting. I think it defaults to -1.05. The negative is important since we dont get + correction. Mine usually only flashes if i dont have enough timing in it, like low load cruise. I think its picking up some preignition.

My BTssm app will take a snap shot of any knock, logging or knot that i can pull up and see where it happened. Early spool up usually

EDIT: just pulled up ROM, it will flash for FBKC and FLKC. I assume it will stay on through the FLKC area, but i dont know. Ive never had FLKC

6941 - 6960 of 7096 Posts