Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

541 - 560 of 7129 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Yeh the center where its cut for the FMIC has a huge wave in it. And Prova cut out the fog cover holes for the front mount and intake for the turbo, i guess thats what you get for buying racecar parts. Function over form :lol:

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
Ouch! Try New England pot holes. They aren't Phili potholes but still I hate to drive with the coilovers on the SVX sometimes.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
Glass broken :lol: i dont have the money for aluminum arms/bushings, im gonna pull one of an beat ass OBS at the local yard. I hit it at like 70, right after that it pulls to the left. I can let go and itll change lanes for me.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #550
lol, and they failed miserably at it.

I got the arm off the obs, has less mileage than my car does, its a 98 i think. Im reusing my bushings cause they look to be in better shape. Hopefully i can get to it monday afternoon, if not... well i hope i can get to it.

·
misinformedia.com
09' Forester, 00 RS, 02 Legacy
1,816 Posts
if i were you, i wouldve just welded up a thinner solid(instead of hollow) controll arm. then replace the other. lol i've been thinking about that. just cut off the bushing mounts and weld it to the new bars.

·
misinformedia.com
1,816 Posts
your tellin me. lol. alotta stuff on our cars are crap made, and can be made 10x stronger with simple diy's especially suspensionwise. i was thinking about asking if i can be some sort of apprentice or some crap at our local machine shop

·
misinformedia.com
1,816 Posts
you know speaking of noodles, you ever seen the prices on freakin braces? i can make them craps. lol. im about to just go and buy a welder. lol. get stainless for cheap from two towns over and start up. lol. you do carbon fiber wraps, and i do the metalwork! BIG BUSINESS!! lol

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
lol yeh. Thats why i dont own any strut braces, chassis braces or anything, that stuff is sooo overpriced, all your paying for is that chrome sticker that says "Syms" or "Cusco". Ive thought about making that stuff, problem is that that would take a lot of time to make them, so business would drag on for a long time per brace, strut, hood, trunk w/e. I at least want to do carbon wraps 1st, and if i like where it goes ill try to make raw parts, but that requires, space, money and time.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
got the arm on, ghetto aligned it by eye, it drives straight so thats how its staying. This thing is nickel and dime'n me to death, i think its best to work on a motor over the winter and take this off the road come spring, maybe pick up an OBS to scoot around in.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
if i were you, i wouldve just welded up a thinner solid(instead of hollow) controll arm. then replace the other. lol i've been thinking about that. just cut off the bushing mounts and weld it to the new bars.
Hollow is stronger for the weight. Same reason tubular sway bars rock!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #560
Im gonna ask my teacher about making arms, or even rear links in class, weve been practicing welding and hes been having me teach kids how to do it :lol: I asked him and hes gonna teach me how to use the new Tig machine we got from Lincoln (Our school is sponsored by em, theyre factory is a few blocks away!)

541 - 560 of 7129 Posts