Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

441 - 460 of 7114 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
This dude finally called me back, he wants 200 bucks for a STI VF48 with 18k miles on it. If i had an extra 200 right now id be getting it next weekend, even if i dont use it, its worth a lot more than that. But i wouldnt mind using that for my build...

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
I already said I wanted it! I think I'm gonna go ahead with my wiring and dash swap rather than waiting. SOOOO that means I'll need a second gen cluster.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
K, idk what color the lights are but i have a cluster with blue LEDs in it i can give you, and the cluster with the blue LEDs has pigtails on the connectors on the back, if they work in the newer cluster ill give em to ya

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
Hopefully selling my bike to this kid for 350 in a few minutes.

Whats the cheapest 5x114 hub swap? Any way to make em work with an R140/R160? Ive been looking at cheap wheels and ive fallen in love with the Evo IX MR BBS wheels, they can be had for half of STI BBSs and i think they look badass.

If this kid gives me my money, i have to decide where the money is going, to the new motor, to new window parts? To a camera? To snow tires/wheels? lol, i need a freakin job.

Oh and i have a lot of parts ive stifled through in my garage and ill have pics of em up soon, Momo seat, WRX exhaust, TD04, Holset HX35, WRX Coilpacks, Flywheel/clutch, K&N Typhoon.. lots of good shit. And im up to sell it or trade it! David, let me know what you want me to bring with me on friday

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
There is no "cheapest 5x114.3 swap" yes you can use R160 but you would spend more on the axles than just getting the R180 and getting the normal axles. In other words... Just give me the wheels, :D

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
Im not deciding that based on the wheels, i want bigger bearings, more wheel options, brake options etc etc.

David, check this thread out, this is what i have in my garage plus im going to PM you pics of the steering rack.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #457
Ive given up on STI BBS's, everyone wants top dollar for a 5 year old set of wheels that arent even that light. The Evos have a much nicer/better wheel selection than the STIs

·
misinformedia.com
09' Forester, 00 RS, 02 Legacy
1,814 Posts
nah man i agree with you fully. but there are some to be had for 600. every now and then, just ridiculously hard. and those evo rims are hot. lol. but it just sucks balls to swap hubs.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
I dont know how my bearings did go sooner, i got my front left going out, but ive put like 60-60K since march lol. The 5x114 hubs are 10,000X better, hell for the low price of $3500 you can get group A rally hubs with a 6" bearing lol

441 - 460 of 7114 Posts