Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

401 - 420 of 7111 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Its been a bit since i had internet

Today: Went to the junkyard to scour a 97 OBS and a 95 L getting a few goodies in the process

-gunmetal 95 grill
-H&L A/C port caps (been missing mine)
-Subaru Remote Keyless Entry computer an harness
-New drivers door speaker
-some nuts bolts and clips that id broke or lost

And some decisions have been made regarding the car, that nissan paint isnt very cheap. But this motor is slowly telling me its time is due, so im going to just get it resprayed in apsen white, which is cheaper, plus i dont like hacing up cars so ill feel better inside that i didnt destroy a good RS shell. But im trying to get some blocks/heads/etc together for my high performance/engine performance class in school this winter. This will give me a much better look at my car, subaru engines as this is the 1st teardown and rebuild ill be doing with one. That HX35 in my garage is going to get a new home next to some nice quality engine parts.

Also, im currently getting information and materials together that will allow me to start working with carbon fiber. I think that this is something i can do that will (if it works out well) help get some money in the bank and nice parts on peoples cars. Nothings in stone yet but if it goes well ill be slapping some yellow above my picture there to sell some stuff, but again nothings set in stone.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Somehow the coil spring in the window regulator broke whatever it was attached to, now theres a spring, and random bits of metal sliding around in my door... wtf? Im gonna have to buy a whole damn door pretty soon.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
After much debate, weeks and weeks of research, and a case of carpal tunnel, the plan unfolds :naughty:

The Block:
-EJ22 closed deck block halves
-EJ22 forged crank *polished
-SCAT H-Beam rods
-Wiesco .020 pistons
-Subaru OE crank bearings
-EJ22 Legacy high volume/pressure oil pump

The Heads:
-99 EJ25 (RS) SOHC heads
-Mild exhaust dogleg port
-3 Angle valve seat cut
-Cosworth Single valve springs
-Stock valves
-ARP studs
-Stock RS cam (unless i get a reply from Cobb about this)
-Either EJ22 headgasket (metal) or thicker EJ25 gasket (also metal)

The Turbo:
-Holset HX35W twinscroll (60lbs/min maxed around 750cfm)
-Holset 12cm non-gated turbine housing (hot side)
-heat coated, yadda yadda yadda
-Sorta-Equal lenth headers with a Tial 38mm EWG

The Brain:
-Megasquirt 2

Other crap:
I have to look into intake manifolds, as to flow rates etc, so far im hearing EJ20G manifolds, but im going to look into it a bit farther. Oh yeh, did i mention this is going on a stock RS 5speed? :rofl: I think a 06-07 wrx trans could hold ( i dont rip gears like a fool ) until a 6speed is obtainable

Completely wild, suggested, kinda-hoping-for specs:
-350whp
-350+ft/lbs
-full spool at/around 5k
-Im hoping for a good 7k redline to use the top end *fingers crossed*

Real Specs:
-Bore: 9.73cm
-Stroke: 7.5cm
-Displacement: 555cc :naughty:
-HG Bore: 9.96cm
-HG Thickness: 0.058(thin sohc)
-4.5cc Quench volume
-50 cubic cc's chamber volume
-Final compression: 7.75:1(low) or/to 8.25:1(high)

So, hows that for a game plan?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Anyone know how to tell the difference between the 251 and the 253? I know the 253 is MAF but i swapped in just the block. But this has some blue sensor next to the oil pan that the 253 that came in the car didnt have and i have no idea what it is. I need 251 heads and intake mani, but i dont know what the hell is in my car...

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
yes the 98 DOHC manifold is pretty much the same as the ej20gs. I used 251 heads with phase II 2.2 intake manifold. Why do you want to run the ej20g manifold?
Not saying i do, thats just what ive heard. Problem is 90% of the people that post or whatnot about this kinda hybrid setup fail to say if their EJ25 parts are sohc or sohc...

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
what? im confused with what you wrote lol. Im running ej25 SOHC heads, i dont know if i should run the ej251 intake or something else but i dont know what fits...

·
Premium Member
90 Legacy Wagon
672 Posts
just run the 251 intake manifold. 99 if you can so you dont have to mess with air assist garbage. I say run the heads and intake manifold on your car now. Just freshen up the heads with cams and whatever else you wanna do. and port and polish the heads and intake manifold.

401 - 420 of 7111 Posts