Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

3721 - 3740 of 7100 Posts

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,441 Posts
Was the wing and trunk shipped-bolted together??? :facepalm: if so...

The GR Sparco may fit, I know the 02-04 Sparco fit my sedan...

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,722
Was the wing and trunk shipped-bolted together??? :facepalm: if so...

The GR Sparco may fit, I know the 02-04 Sparco fit my sedan...
No seperate, the wing was boxed ok. The trunk was half assed covered in manilla envelope material and plastic wrapped, pretty ridiculous.

The GD bars dont fit coupes, my buddy has a GR bar in his so i gave it a shot, worse comes to worst ill sell it, theres no way ill lose any money on it if it comes to that.

·
Registered
2008 Legacy GT, 2001 2.5RS
1,202 Posts
I have gr bar in mine. It was super tight and kind of struggled to get everything lined up.. Realized I was supposed to start from the bottom using the rods to connect where the front seat belts end and work way up. Then lining up the top part last. The top part is on a swivel do it gives you the most flex/work room while the other parts are most straight but can be adjusted only going up and down. But keep everything loose, don't tighten til everything is lined up and just threaded by hand a few turns so it doesn't come out.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,727
Got my lip. Heres what i think. Im happy i got it on sale, if i paid 350something dollars and this showed up id be a bit unhappy. Its not BAD, but my V6 ebay lip blows this out of the water, i paid $100 shipped for that. It not only had the same texture and finish as the skirts/spats, but it came predrilled for ALL the mounting holes, which all lined up perfectly, and ZERO trimming was required to fit it.

This on the other hand, is still covered in dust from when they cut parts off it after the molding process, theres no holes anywhere, i had to wrestle it on the bumper which isnt even on the car to see how it looks, theres lots of extra material here and there so im gonna have to trim quite a bit. The middle piece inside the bumper looks and fits in fine. The finish is shiny, not even close to the factory finish so if your not painting it your out of luck. My last gripe is the "tow hook cutout". Id rather it be functional and removable, or not be there at all. It looks way to fake, almost trying to hard to fit in with the rest of the lip, i may actually cut it out and but a bracket behind it so it looks functional. Im still a little bummed that this is what $270 got me, for another 40-50 i could have bought a real one from someone. Whatever.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,729
Maybe, but when i mount shit on my car, its MOUNTED. Theres 6 bolts and 2 clips holding my V6 lip on, thats why its survived 3 front end accidents.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Got my lip. Heres what i think. Im happy i got it on sale, if i paid 350something dollars and this showed up id be a bit unhappy. Its not BAD, but my V6 ebay lip blows this out of the water, i paid $100 shipped for that. It not only had the same texture and finish as the skirts/spats, but it came predrilled for ALL the mounting holes, which all lined up perfectly, and ZERO trimming was required to fit it.

This on the other hand, is still covered in dust from when they cut parts off it after the molding process, theres no holes anywhere, i had to wrestle it on the bumper which isnt even on the car to see how it looks, theres lots of extra material here and there so im gonna have to trim quite a bit. The middle piece inside the bumper looks and fits in fine. The finish is shiny, not even close to the factory finish so if your not painting it your out of luck. My last gripe is the "tow hook cutout". Id rather it be functional and removable, or not be there at all. It looks way to fake, almost trying to hard to fit in with the rest of the lip, i may actually cut it out and but a bracket behind it so it looks functional. Im still a little bummed that this is what $270 got me, for another 40-50 i could have bought a real one from someone. Whatever.

welcome to the world of aftermarket man.... unfortuantely its is what it is. depends who makes it and who cares enough to make the job 100% perfect. ive had valdi sport, veil side and some other high dollar aftermarket kits come through the shop and 1 will fit near perfect and needs hardly any trimming and one will need a inch of fiberglass added too it and has cracks all over it that need to be addressed.

personally i like things to be slighly oversized so it can be made perfect rather then not have enough material or be too short especially with plastic parts. fiberglass you can add, plastic not so much as its more prone to failure.

i plan on possibly doing the p1 lip but im unsure yet.... i have a ebay v6 lip brand new in my basement if your interested in another one haha.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,010 Posts
Maybe, but when i mount shit on my car, its MOUNTED. Theres 6 bolts and 2 clips holding my V6 lip on, thats why its survived 3 front end accidents.
Dude the middle part that sinks back into the bumper holds in perfect. Maybe mine was just a really good rep. It was the first batch from htautos which as weird as it sounds we're much better then the new ones I've read

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
new rs bumpers are cheap.... i recommend getting them while you still can along with any other body parts you will potentially need. thats what did. nothing beats oem fitment.

3721 - 3740 of 7100 Posts