Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

281 - 300 of 7096 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
K, the SVX is under speculation, hes trying to get a lein and all thast jazz on it.

Ive made my decision on what motor and turbo setup im going with. And im starting my engine performance class in 2 weeks which will give me a start on it, and due to me not having a place to live right now, the car might not get swapped till fall when im in my High Performance class, and it might remain LHD if i dont have a garage by then.

Anyways, i have like 75 bucks laying around in paypal, anyone got some red rally armors they wanna cough up?

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,800 Posts
K, the SVX is under speculation, hes trying to get a lein and all thast jazz on it.

Ive made my decision on what motor and turbo setup im going with. And im starting my engine performance class in 2 weeks which will give me a start on it, and due to me not having a place to live right now, the car might not get swapped till fall when im in my High Performance class, and it might remain LHD if i dont have a garage by then.

Anyways, i have like 75 bucks laying around in paypal, anyone got some red rally armors they wanna cough up?
Keep me updated on the SVX status.
Good to hear you've finaly issolated what you are doing engine wise on the RS. Just remember you'll find you want to re think things just as often as before untill you actually get something you can grab with your hands. GL
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Ive found that the cheapest way to run a swap, is to get a EJ20 twin turbo which can be had for 3-4 hundred bucks, rebuild the bottom end, not sure about cams and topend parts, but pull all the TT parts off and sell them to make some money back, build twin scroll headers (unequal length) and run the rotated HX35 with a front mount, which im just going to run a standard bumper width one, not the 50/50 thing i thought of. Should put down some good power and spool shouldnt be horrendous. If all goes well i may build another closed deck with good internals and make a more serious motor.

·
Registered
2x01 2.5RS, 97 gm4
2,208 Posts
what are you going to do with trans/diff/brakes? how much power are you looking to get? holset is deff more then rs trans will take. why not find a donor usdm wrx (02-03) and swapt it over a weekend. it might seem expensive but it will be cheaper then what you are trying to do plus you could sell off a bunch of crap. just think on the tt engine...........its old, like really old and outdated. complete rebuild isn't cheap and you probably wont get much benefit from it as you would from newer engine.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,800 Posts
what are you going to do with trans/diff/brakes? how much power are you looking to get? holset is deff more then rs trans will take. why not find a donor usdm wrx (02-03) and swapt it over a weekend. it might seem expensive but it will be cheaper then what you are trying to do plus you could sell off a bunch of crap. just think on the tt engine...........its old, like really old and outdated. complete rebuild isn't cheap and you probably wont get much benefit from it as you would from newer engine.
Yeah a newer engine! Like a EZ30R! ;) ....:( I need money to finish mine.
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
EZs outta my price range haha.

And Slava, the original idea was to get a STI RA/R clip and swap everything over, full drivetrain and suspension, but i have $200 bucks in my bank account, and a 500 bike i cant sell. This this moment while im typing this, the only things im doing with the car right now is getting an entire STI RA V2 front end in a week or so, and possibly trading my N1 for a Borla catback. And i might have to keep it that way, hell maybe till next year cause the only jobs i can get in ohio are like 8-9/hr, then pay state and city tax in OH, and than pay NY tax cause theyre gay like that and come home with like 4-5 bucks which is dogfood. Im almost serious about staying in NY, theres so much shit going on out in ohio and im not enjoying the school. I have zero motivation to go back on sunday... Hell i was working at my subie dealer making 11/hr, enjoying hanging out with my friends after work, driving and working on cars all day, go hang out riding quads with my dad on sundays... Out in ohio i just sit around with my thumb up my ass all day, then go back to my 10x12 apartment room and do the same thing...

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Youtube seems to be slim on HX powered WRXs, but this seems like a good setup although if i can get a good trans/rear ill be running more than 8psi of boost haha

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Depending on the trans/rear, i was hoping to get my hands on a R/RA trans with 4.44, but i might have to run a WRX trans for the time being. Like Slava said, that turbo will be the end of my stock gears.

Boost levels, just daily driving it around maybe 10-15, if i bring it to the track (not drag), maybe 20+

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey if you need any tires.. lol i have 2 sets of 18"s ..... i cant wait to continue my build all im doing is waiting for you to swing by

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Yeh dude, definately on friday, ill be leaving like 7:30-8 and should be there around 11-12... And im bringing everything i have for subies haha, interested in a brand new turbo X-member with a wrx rack and swaybar? :lol: if so ill bring it

I got a mount from school and test fitted the Momo seat i got and its really tight in the car, as in i cant get in it with anything in my pockets, hell i have to wear shorts but boy does it hold ya. Im probably gonna sell it unless you want me to bring that too? haha

281 - 300 of 7096 Posts