Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 7100 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I talked to the guy and said thier cage for the GC is good for auto-x, road racing etc... Im building this as a mountian car for me, i dont care about FIA stuff...

·
Registered
71 Posts
mountain car.. TOUGE. spirited driving on a twistie road. :banana:

very fun but very dangerous.. much safer to do at night so you can see other cars coming around corners to avoid a head-on colision

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
yeh dude, i usually do it at night, no mountains here in ohioer though haha. I want to make it up to appalachian (sp?) pass sometime, i dont think ill be able to swap my car this year, i cant find a job and some trade stuff hasnt worked out (not you sixth star) and i have not nearly enough money to swap, and the only place that has a clip i can remotely afford wont get back to me about it...

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I dont have the $$$, plus im looking at another option right now that could be cool if it comes out right. Lets just say i had a blast last night sliding between tractor trailers at my friends work... Some ken block shit :lol:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
My dad called me up today, our friend owns a towing company and they impounded an SVX thats in mint shape and the guys not paying for the tow etc etc, so hes putting a lein on it and theres a good chance i can get it. If so, thatd be awsome as i can take the RS off the road and work on it, and cruise around in style...

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
My dad called me up today, our friend owns a towing company and they impounded an SVX thats in mint shape and the guys not paying for the tow etc etc, so hes putting a lein on it and theres a good chance i can get it. If so, thatd be awsome as i can take the RS off the road and work on it, and cruise around in style...
FUCKING RIGHT DUDE! DO IT! Join the cool kids! Color, Model trim, year? Come one wiht the details man!
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Jeez keep your pants on!

I dont know the details yet, and its not set in stone either...

Its a 1992 Purple LS (i?) not sure yet, everythings in mint condition, fair mileage (waiting on an exact number) paints a bit faded, thats about it. Ill know more next weekend, ill get a few pics of it.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,801 Posts
It's not purple. It's Claret. 92 and 93 had a dark wine red with black trunk, roof, and wing. This was called Claret. 94-97 like mine had Bourduex Pearl. If it has all the options and is AWD it's a LS-L. Power seat belt and all. 94+ didn't get the seatbelt. How ever cool I end up getting annoyed by them so I'm glad I don't have it. GL. Hope that it works out. Only thing I"ll forwarn about mostly is over heating in realy hard situations...like going up a steep mountain road at 20mph and well that's it for any real issues.
-Gaddis

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,801 Posts
If you get it join up here. The Subaru SVX World Network - Powered by vBulletin I need people to talk to SVX wise cause there are only a few that I talk to and I haven't seen another SVX in my area for the last year. It's like they all got sold out of state or in a garage or something.
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
ok, hes no car expert but this is what he said...

"Okay, its got silver wheels with spokes with a big lip on em, its got like red brembo calipers with big rotors, paints kinda faded, it might have had leather interior but its mint except for the paint, guy said it needs a computer, itll run for a few days then it wont for like 2 or so, sounds like a bad ECU, but it runs great and its clean. ill let you or your dad know later when i get back to the shop see ya."

funny thing is i have a ECU and trans controller here in ohio from my motor haha. Now im all giddy to go home and check it out...

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
8,801 Posts
LOL. I like the "it might have had leather interior..." !MIGHT" OMG! LOL! I want to see the deal with the brakes. Likely it's just the stock plane old calipers painted red. If not.... I'll buy them off you and what ever is needed to convert to what ever it is! LOL. Good luck dude, and yeah this guy is NO car expert.
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Hes been doing autobody for 20something years, not real keen on high performance haha. Well see this weekend, i just want to get out of this hell hole lol.

261 - 280 of 7100 Posts