I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #221

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,801 Posts
You know GD and GC have different patterns right? Also once you get them on be ready for a bumpy ride. Well apparently if you preload the spring a little more it will solve it but I got rid of my set.
-Gaddis

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
You know GD and GC have different patterns right? Also once you get them on be ready for a bumpy ride. Well apparently if you preload the spring a little more it will solve it but I got rid of my set.
-Gaddis
Well you shoulda gave em to me... Found a few good deals on sparco seats im looking into, i loathe my seats right now, theres no padding left in the bolsters so its that vertical metal rod thats diggin into my shoulders now. My back is all red from it haha.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #225 (Edited)
Im winning this right now, hopefully gonna try and get it... Only problem is, its from Momo Corse Italy, so theres almost no info on it, only the "evo" version which is newer, not the VTR...

MOMO CORSE ACROPOLIS VTR BLACK RACING SEAT:eBay Motors (item 180360340030 end time May-29-09 16:48:55 PDT)=

OR Momo is actually liquidating all theyre old stock and is having some good sales. Been looking at the Start Seat. I hoping to fit either one cause i got a big back and big legs haha. I mean i fit in the sparco seats at D1 last year so i figured what the hell, the only question is Red Black or Blue? I reeeeaaaaally like the blue :p

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Yeh shit happens, the owner of my building wont call me back even though ive left 3 messages... Fuck it, im planning on swapping soon anyways.

I measured the stock RS seat and the measurements on the Start seat are actually bigger than the RS seats, obviously the bolsters are much bigger but the back is wider, the leg bolster area is wider as well. So i might actually go with that if i cant get my hands on the acropolis. And yes, theyre FIA approved, the Acropolis was made in 99 so its might be expired but im building this thing to kill mountains so im not "too" worried about it.

·
Registered
95GF4 , 99SF5
1,207 Posts
Still cant find a clip or motor, so im pursuing some other parts and ran across this kit, which should work 99% for GCs as its all the same goodies.

Energy Suspension Hyperflex Kit - Subaru Impreza 02-06:eBay Motors (item 130255801477 end time Jun-13-09 13:40:00 PDT)

And they have it in red WOOT!
That's expensive for that kit. I picked up mine for about $80. It really isn't worth it IMO. It's also nowhere near 99% compatible.

Here's the compatibility after I tested all my bushings out (I previously posted this but my findings were incomplete at the time):
Shift bushing works
rear trailing arm and hub bushings work
front control arm rear bushing (the big huge one) Doesn't work. The steel sleeve is a uniform size. The sleeve on the factory bushing is tapered. Sleeves won't transfer over - already tried.
front control arm front bushing (the one in the front subframe) can be made to fit, it needs to be trimmed a little (too wide for the stock subframe by a few mm)
Only thing left is the front and rear swaybar bushings. The front bar bushings won't fit inside the stock brackets and it's for the WRX bar which is a little too big. The rear bushings can be used if you open up the inside a bit, I believe they're designed for a 17mm bar. They will fit in the factory brackets.

221 - 240 of 7100 Posts