Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most recent pic of my engine bay. Now showing the TEC 3 coil pack and spark plug wires and placement of the Greddy catch can under the red arrow. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
explain

the greddy catch can install please...really nice...i am doing this install and would you like to know how you plugged in.

Relly nice engine bay!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Does it work on its side like that? Looks very nice.:cool:

oh and I second the request for a write up, I'll be doing that eventually.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To catch any blow by oil from the valve cover vent tubes before venting into the intake before the turbo. So far at 12 psi or so, I have yet to see any real amounts of oil in this catch can. But it will be needed when I crank up the boost later on.

Paul...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Paul, what are you running there? Your sig says 2.0 liter, so you swapped the EJ20T or what? Or am I being stupid and that's a GD WRX... Whatever the case, what turbo/tranny/times are you running, as that's one nice looking engine, and very nice with TEC III.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am running a bored out 2.5 with forged pistons, rods, knifed and balanced crank and O-ringed block. The top end is stock and that is indeed the twin coil pack from a TEC 3 unit. As for the turbo set up, well that is a Ludespeed Stage 2 kit. But most of the origional "stage" is not there any more. It's more like a stage 4 if you factor in the engine internals and engine management. All for the unbelievable low price of one dollar... I wish

Paul...

·
Registered
25 Posts
When you say bored out 2.5liter, do you mean a 2.0 liter bored to 2.5, or a 2.5 bored out to...? Either way, you have to have some pretty darn good torque, I'm jealous.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts