Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted pix in a while... Got bored today and took some shots really quick. Car is going in for more body work soon (see pix of why :() But without further ado:

And here's what happened when I had new tires put on and the car came off the alignment machine :(:

Car's too low I guess. Told me I need a new bumper, but the place will cover the cost. I'm still mad. Oh, and one of the tires I bought (used) had a hole in it, so I currently have one Rota SDR on my car with a random tire until the new tire comes in on Tuesday and gets mounted on the Formel. That's why there's no pictures of the driver's side of the car :D.

Coming soon:
-Repaint lip, grille, spats and put on spats finally
-td06-18g turbo
-700something cc injectors
-tune
-random jdm bits

What do you guys think of putting those ebay amber corners on my car? And leaving the other stuff clear? Thinking it'd look good, plus one of my jdm Subaru clear corners has a chip in it that is pissing me off.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
I broke that part of my bumper, when I got my bumper painted the guy plastic welded it back and then it broke again so I made a metal braket with the shape of the hole put it under there then screwed the bracket on to the bumper where it was not broken. You cant tell unless you go up to it and look through the little crack between the fender and bumper. Tell them to give you the money and fix it yourself. :p

BTW, nice car, looks hawt.

·
Registered
'99 Black RS Coupe
691 Posts
poleboy90 said:
I broke that part of my bumper, when I got my bumper painted the guy plastic welded it back and then it broke again so I made a metal braket with the shape of the hole put it under there then screwed the bracket on to the bumper where it was not broken. You cant tell unless you go up to it and look through the little crack between the fender and bumper. Tell them to give you the money and fix it yourself. :p

BTW, nice car, looks hawt.

My bumper is broken in the exact same spot. What did u use for the bracket?

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hehehe thanks for the comments guys :)

Let's see...

22b vents I picked up from Primitive last spring. The passenger side fits like a glove but the driver's side fits like crap because the screws for some reason don't line up with the holes on the hood. There was some cutting and dremeling involved and its still not perfect. But they were something like $75 brand new so I guess you get what you pay for.

They are Rota Formels :D I've tried other wheels on my car and I can't seem to shy away from these wheels. They just fit the car imho.

I was thinking I could fix the bumper like you said Poleboy. Its the bumper itself thats broken, not the clip, but I think plastic weld or a bracket could fix it. We'll see what the body shop says when I bring it in on Wednesday or Thursday.

Long, I've seen the ambers on other gc's and they look soooo good. I'm iffy on them; I'd really like to try them on first before I buy, but that could prove difficult because I don't know anyone around here with them. I'd still like to leave the bumper lights clear though, and maybe either leave the fender ones clear or go back to amber with those. I just HATE the amber ones in the bumper. I'm trying to change the look of the car subtley, but not drastically. I tried a cf hood on the car yesterday and it looked bad... really bad. I love the way the car looks, but its looked the same for a long time now. But I guess I should stick with what works? Lol. Any suggestions on new things?

I'm actually looking at a 22b spoiler that looks just like mine but actually has the adjustable cf center section. Should I jump on it?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Needs rear spats or a rear lip. The bumper looks too high compared to the rest of the car in this pic.

Other than that, I wouldn't change anything. And I definately wouldn't do the amber corners.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
It's none other than a version 7 STi type RA EJ207.

This summer, legacy, we're gonna be twins. P1 + Ver7 + 4D, i'm frigging excited

You just need to get an RB5 wing and paint your car red. :sunny:

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Yeah hate to say it man but according to the members of RS25 don't do amber corners. It is your car of course but I wouldn't do it either :D

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol I probably won't end up doing the amber corners anyways, it was really just an idea that I was tossing around. Really looking to just enhance the way the car looks now, without drastically changing it...

Think same spoiler but with adjustable cf center section would work for me? Cf would remain unpainted though :) I was even thinking about some anthracite P1 wheels to switch on and off every now and then. I've had the Formels forever, but I should stick with what works I suppose.

Like I said, spats are to be installed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts