Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pics for anybody who is interested in a collectorless design.

And this is how they sound on my car. 1 Cat, no resonator, 2.25 exhaust pipe, 2.5 header pipe. Muffler shop special can. 2.5 in, 4.5 out.

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first set were 2.25, but they failed. And for some reason I blurted out "Durrh two point fivee" when my guy asked me what size... But I dont notice any lack in power - actually feels just the same as when I had em stock!

·
Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
291 Posts
Cool. That looks pretty simple for a shop to bend/weld up. Geez, that might actually be a plus with owning a single port heads EJ22. Cheaper fab work for headers...

So, is that with a catback system too, or just headers changed out from factory? Thanks for the sound clip. My greatest fear is that I will spend money on my exhaust and with my N/A EJ22 end up with a sound that resembles the annoyance of the lawnmower Honda sound...

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhm, all the pipe from the one cat to the back 2.25, it has about 2 welds all together - Found the can at a muffler shop across town for $40 - so I had em throw it on. I am still debating going catless all together

·
Registered
99 Outback Sport
480 Posts
Very nice looking header! I'm assuming that it's making those strange popping sounds before you hit idle, pretty unique, but I guess it gets the job done. :lol: The higher RPM sounds... they sound pretty mean :banana:

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly as far as power is concerned. I dont know, because I have never really hit it too hard, except through mud and that causes alot of wheel spin. I mean, it gets up and goes a little better than it did w/ the stock set up - but I also have an intake and exhaust now, so that may all play a factor in the minor torque increase.

As for the popping noise, it has been doing that since I strapped on the fart can and took out my cat.

·
Premium Member
Company Car
1,875 Posts
did kawasaki fab that up for you? color reminds me of a ninja! :D

Im sure this brought a better picture to those interested in custom UEL headers. good work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts