Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday was my birthday, and here's what my girl got me...

Finally can install all the stereo gear I've had sitting in the closet for damn near a year. :D

·
OGtripleOG
2007 TREK Team Discovery
3,704 Posts
nice alarm.......i had one and hated it though. It was way too sensitive, but could be adjusted. It was way too much alarm for me. It had the LCD screen, turbo timer, and remote start.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, this one has all that gear as well, but more sensitive is more better, as cars get broken into and/or stolen daily out of my parking lot (even though my condo is in a nice neighborhood). Oh yeah, and I live in Canada and want my dogsled all warmed up before I leave the igloo to go club baby seals.

·
Registered
431 Posts
FalconRS said:
want my dogsled all warmed up before I leave the igloo to go club baby seals.
Hahaha, nice

next time I'm up there I'll have to ask the locals for the best baby seal clubbing spots...

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, it's being installed on Saturday. Still gotta go through all the functions and everything beforehand, but really looking forward to getting it in there.

·
OGtripleOG
2007 TREK Team Discovery
3,704 Posts
Like i was saying, its really sensitive. The worst part was the Jack sensor. It didnt matter the angle of the hill i was parked on, if it was a 10 degree hill my alarm would go off.

Now the motion sensors in the windows are awesome! There was never an attempt to steal anything out of that car.

Oh, and make sure you dont arm your OEM subaru keyless entry and then disarm the alarm with the compustar unit! Your neighbors will never forgive you.

i hate to sound like im downing the system you got. The company is great to deal with, and the alarm works like no other. For me personally i didnt need that much alarm, but for someone who seems to like audio, this should be right up your alley.

PM me if you have any questions about it in the future.
-Chris

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 05 RS is the base model impreza, no factory theft deterrent of any kind, so confusion with the stock system is not an issue. :)

As for the jack sensor....I live on the prairies, doubt it will be an issue. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts