Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998, subaru, impreza L black
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i just ran my first AutoX with R comps it was amazing. everything i thought they would be. but my only fear is that they give me so much grip that it may mask some of my bad driving habits. i noticed i was getting loose in parts and was ezer to bring it back or not being a smooth driver things like that. but i still love those things.

i placed in the middle of the packs would have done better but it was a high horse power or tall gear course. both of witch my car does not have. i found my self hitting the rev limiter to late to shift but early enough to where i could be getting more speed out of the area before i would have to slow down to enter a turn. i hope the next weekend will be a better test of the tires the region is more a civic region (low HP tight turns) the region i ran to day is more high hp vets and mustangs

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
Well, what was your previous wheel/tire setup, and what is this one?

I <3 my R-comps.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haa some kumho AST on a 2.2l lightly modded fatty sways solid endlinks all around ebach pro kit and agx's

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
When I find myself hitting the limiter too late to shift, but too early to let it ride, I just short shift into 3rd, well before the limiter. I let the torque work for me. Don't forget to downshift early too.....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i will keep that in mind next time thanks jay
that is why jay goes to nats and i do local events
just wait one of these days i will be the one beating jay and he will be asking me for tips (i wish)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts