Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
99 rs
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got bored during the summer, so went to discount steel and grab 8 foot of piping for $10!!!!:biggrin: and so yeah heres some pics of the progress..dont mind the welds, it was from a cheap crappy flux core welder, but overall im impress with its stance of how it comes out..lmk how ya guys think about it...

sorry for the poor vid, will post a new up later if i remember..

· Registered
439 Posts
Nice job, I have done this before and found it hard to cut the angles just right - I used a table saw with a metal cut off blade -- worked pretty good, how did u cut the angles ?

Also - are going to try and make a cat delete pipe this same way? I have attempted it, but found it hard to try and replicate the stock cat pipe. mostly just the bends and getting the angles right. Any suggestions ?

also forgot to ask one thing --- where did you pick up the nice flange ? also what size piping ?

· Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,509 Posts
Hmmmm, I don't hear a whole lot of boxer rumble in there. I think I'd have to hear a better sound clip, perhaps while driving to really decide. Although for the money you put into it I'm sure its better than anything I could do.

· Registered
99 rs
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
at higher rpms, it begins to have that rumble sound, then gets throatyier
yeah, im prolly coating them next week or something before winter settles...
it was extremely hard for me to cut the angles because all i had was a welder and a angle cuter..lol. and also working on low jacks isn't good..haha
haha yeah..ill try and do a write up on it.
oh and the piping size is 2.5, and got the flange from napa...forgot want item number it was..got it long time ago

but anyways...thanks for the comments guys

· Registered
99 rs
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah...if i get a better cutter i mite be debating on making my own....=D...haha
your setup sounds nice....but dang...im not a fan of angled down mufflers...ya shuold get it fixed so that it at least comes out straight?
but nice nonetheless..

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
^^^^^^ I know man it's bothered me since the day it was welded lol. I'm just saving up for a stromung or prodrive axleback right now and then problem fixed

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
cools man. but yeah hopefully ill save up enough for some borla reps(college student=super poor)lol

Ahhhh I know how that feels. Graduated in 06................. and I'm still broke. No jobs in PGH, well besides my low paying job:( Good luck on the future setup tho bro!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.