Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brighton
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving a 92 tercel to work everday. I finally sold it and started driving my impreza. This guy I work with noticed I was driving a different vehicle. He said it was sporty looking. And kind of like this post I didn't know what to say. Eventually I told him it had awd drive and it was a subaru. He still askes me what kind of car I drive. Mods: lost hubcap, dents, sagging side trim, mud, and about to be rs wheels with a p1 suspension.:)

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Well, the Impreza is a true sports car with it's amazing doors. :lol:

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Zeorymer said:
Well, the Impreza is a true sports car with it's amazing doors. :lol:
you mean heavy... mine are saggy too...:(

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Yeah, speaking of doors...

I've always loved driving my uncle's Jeep renegade CJ-7 with out the doors or a roof. it's just great. So I'm wondering how hard it would be to take the doors off of my car just for the hell of it. hahahaha.

Ok, so I'm not really serious... Or am I? Wow, that would be so damn fun!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Removing RS doors is easy - that's how I ran Monster Cable speaker wires into my doors - by removing them first. As I recall it's just a few bolts on each door. And they do not move (as in adjustment bolts for aligning the door) so you don't have to worry about re-aligning them upon reinstall. No leaks later. Unless you screw them up.

Be warned - they are heavy - at least 150 pounds. I dropped my first door and nearly destroyed the mirror. Luckily, I had put down some cardboard in advance, and some boxes, so they took the impact and nothing was damaged.

Oh yeah, roll the glass down, first, to prevent breaking it.

However, since your car is equipped with permanently mounted doors, it is illegal to drive that way. Obviously.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
haha, excellent! I just might do it one day. I'm not too worried about the illegal part, it would be well worth it! I'm excited now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts