Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance said my car is totaled. They are going to give me 11,500 for it. They want $1000 to buy it back. The problem is that I have to have all the money to pay off my loan. They said that I can't give them cash for it and the money has to be subtracted from what they give me. Oh well !!!

My car was a 1999 rs 2.5 with 84,000 miles so I think I am getting a fair price for it. What do you guys think?

They would not pay me for my mods. So tomorrow I am going to remove my sparco evoII's, harnesses,map light,shifter, shift knob, pedal covers, hood pins, sparco steering wheel.

So far it looks like I am going to replace it with a white 2000 RS 2.5 with 47,000 miles. The car is in good shape. They are asking 14,500 for it. So how does this sound?

RallyeX

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
curious

Under what legal agreement do they now own the car? They can't legally force you to pay them to buy something back from them which you own, and they do not. Did you have to sign something which gave them legal ownership of the vehicle?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My loan Co. holds the title. When the insurance pays my loan off the loan company gives the title to the insurance company. So I have to buy it back from them.

RallyeX

·
Registered
2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
4,231 Posts
I don't understand. If you have the money in cash, why can't you just have them subtract the amount from your payoff and pay off the rest of the loan in cash?

JC

·
Registered
57 Posts
sorry

I'm sorry about your car, and I know it's a
touchy subject, but are you selling the
steering wheel? I know it's like asking for
the jewelery from a dead grandmother, but
it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JC,

I don't have the cash right now. Thats why I can't buy it back. I need all the money to pay my loan off and to get a new car.

Jaboo,

I don't mind you asking, the early bird gets the worm!!!

I'm sorry but I'm keeping all the mods from the car to put on my next car.

RallyeX

PS: I don't mind asking for grandma's ring....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts