Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
I love snow shots, they're so clean-looking.

Puckaveli, you're the first person I've seen with blacked-out turn signals. I really like that look. How well do they light up? Can you still see them in the daytime? What did you use to paint them?

I want to paint my turn signals black, too, but I want old ladies to still be able to see them when they light up.

-scott-

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that photo/car looks nice. The headlights remind me of a blue eyed husky or something. My vents have mesh (fine gutter guard) covering them. I also installed it under the open hood scoop to keep animals, or larger debris out. My badge is painted with transparent blue, and a coat of silver behind it. I have white headlight's and gold/yellow(functional foglight bulbs) from CATZ. I have an anodized blue intake installed. My interior just has brushed silver Sparco Pedals, and a silver Sparco shifter ball. I also installed a 18mm sway bar(from Subaru). When I got it, it was painted black. I sanded it down, put a few coats of silver on it, then painted over that with transparent blue. It gives it the anodized appearance to match the badge and the intake. I am going to keep the appearance of my car clean, with anodized blue and silver touches. Your car looks great. I think that blue and silver go together well...Rob "GQ"

Attachments

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
scotty - the turns in the bumper and in the fender are a transparent blue. I painted it over the stock orange ones so they flash green. I didn't want any problems with the law for having blue lights.

GQ - I want mine to be the same way; silver w/ subtle blue accents. I usually take the scoop backing off in the summer, but I did something with it for when it's in (see pic).

·
Registered
161 Posts
scotty305 said:

I want to paint my turn signals black, too, but I want old ladies to still be able to see them when they light up.

-scott-
Hey Scott try Night Shades, I used it on another car and you can see the lights shining bright through it. It's made to use on taillights and markers that you can't find covers for. It's fairly cheap too at 6.99 at JEGS. here's a link:

JEGS Link for VHT Nightshades

1 - 13 of 13 Posts