Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It happened at 742am today on my way to work, my neighbor pulled out of his driveway and clipped my rear quarter panel and door. Most likely totaled. My car's value is ~$5600.

At least it got its first and most likely last AutoX in yesterday....

He pulled out of the driveway where that person is standing, hit me right there and I slid and spun around VVVVVVV

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Start complaining about neck pains and cry out in agony every once in a while. Then sue and get thousands of dollars for your "medical expenses"... :run:

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What?Did he not slow down before exiting his driveway?

The trees on the edge of the his driveway blocks alot of the view but the thing is the GOVERNMENT paid them not to cut them down, so its the govs fault lol jk
I think he was pulling out to look if anyone is coming and just pulled out too far...

·
Registered
00 RSTI, 01 GF, 06 Baja T
1,780 Posts
poor white wagon :( that sucks hopefully you can get it fixed

·
Registered
Two 1999 2.5 RS RBP
248 Posts
it would be stupid to total the car, looks drivable and definit repairable

it needs a new door
pull out the pillar, reconstruct the frame
cut the panels and replace with sheet metal, and repaint

remember, laborwork can easly go over the value. find a good shop that will work with you and insurance to keep the car.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Wow, you must haul ass down that road.

....I would.

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it would be stupid to total the car, looks drivable and definit repairable

it needs a new door
pull out the pillar, reconstruct the frame
cut the panels and replace with sheet metal, and repaint

remember, laborwork can easly go over the value. find a good shop that will work with you and insurance to keep the car.
I know it repairable, we even started it and back it up straight so the flat bed could load it but its the labor costs that scare me :(... i graduated from high school last year so I cant repair it in Autobody :(

·
Registered
98 RBP Coupe, '94 White Wagon
257 Posts
Just get them to buy you the HT Autos kit. It replaces most of your damaged sheet metal.

If only life was that easy. Good luck and glad to see you weren't injured.

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, you must haul ass down that road.

....I would.

I dont on this road because of my neighbors and for this very reason, the back roads behind my house I can haul ass on and I go on the trails between fields for the fact i feel like a really crappy rally driver haha.... I was only going 35-40mph today

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, sorry to see that. Lets hope they don't total it. Look on the bright side though, if they do total it you could buy it back for super cheap and fix her up.
I hope they dont total it either but If I can get it for super cheap I am going to pound out the fender so my wheel will spin freely and then strip it out, weld braces everywhere and make it into an AutoX car and then hopefully buy a 2.5rs

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Start complaining about neck pains and cry out in agony every once in a while. Then sue and get thousands of dollars for your "medical expenses"... :run:
I dont believe in sueing unless its for something major and justifiable....why ruin their life by putting them in debt when I am fine?.....exactly

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
I dont on this road because of my neighbors and for this very reason, the back roads behind my house I can haul ass on and I go on the trails between fields for the fact i feel like a really crappy rally driver haha.... I was only going 35-40mph today
I love how you call them your neighbors but there are no houses ANYWHERE in sight... Unless that is a house behind that tree. But still, I live in the city and I could spit on my neighbors house out my window...haha

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Don't think it's totaled, I got hit in a parking lot with my civic couple of years back, pretty much same place and they didn't total my car and I had more damage them that. But I know how you feel because my WRX got totaled a couple of weeks ago and it sucks all the stress around it. Hope it will work out for you.

·
Reformed Ricer
07 STI, 07 STI, 10 Forester, 03 WRX
4,575 Posts
bad time to ask... but can someone PM me where you can get clear covers for the turn signal lights on the side there? i have been looking for those for a while. thanks!

and wow... what a dick... im sorry. =[

1 - 20 of 25 Posts