Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

221 - 240 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Engine and Diff have gone off to get refreshed 😎

Bonus points for knowing where they went!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Got the STI knuckles chromed for corrosion resistance. Wasnt going for the chrome look but I think they turned out pretty decent.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
And still been collecting more parts along the way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Car still isnt ready.. I've got my fingers crossed I will be able to pick it up next week though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Jeez, did they lose more parts? I feel like it's been there forever.
Man, me too.. Although having said that, my garage still isn't ready either but the wife is going away with the kids on Saturday so I'm hoping I can get it back so I can start work on it while they are away!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Been playing around and cleaning more stuff.. Probably the best thing I tried was an Ultrasonic cleaner, well until it broke after a week. Anyway, a new one is on the way.

Check out this clutch reservoir cap.

Got some compressed air, water and electric setup.

Finished up the Blast Cabinet

And set it right under the AC

Added this guy to help with dust collection.

And a much better light

Early results are promising

And added some paint to these

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Almost got to take this home today.. Unfortunaltey there were just a few too many issues for me to be able to take it. I'll be trying again tomorrow.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
So I did end up taking it home the next day (or maybe a day or two later).. Anyway, first time I had driven it in nearly 3 years and I'd forgotten how amazing this car was mechanically. The PO did an outstanding job maintaining it but I still despise the 4EAT..

I stripped a bunch more interior as soon as I got it home and cleaned up a bunch of nasty wet sanding guck that was covering the interior.

I test fit a few items

Subwoofer enclosure

Carbon Fiber Parcel Shelf

05 STI Seat (Decided I dont want to go this route)

V5/6 JDM STI instrument Cluster

I admired my Antenna Delete

Went to Walmart for a new battery.

Got caught out in the rain :(

Unfortunatley, there were still too many issues for me to keep it.. I took it home on Friday and took it back to the bodyshop on Monday.. Plus it gave them the opportunity to redo the V6 splitter and the hood vents.

The rear glass had not been installed correctly and the rear wiper didnt fit.

There were dents in the door sills from people at the bodyshop closing the seatbelts in the door

It was a shame because it was looking really shiny in the garage

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
There weren't any issues with the trans so I just had a seal kit put in, to prevent possible leaks and repainted it. I'm not normally a fan of this approach but I think it turned out pretty decent.

Cleaned up and prepped for paint.

Primed

Finish painted

I Sand blasted the Front LCA's

Then started polishing them..

More Radium goodness was delivered

And I managed to snag a brand new OEM Green I Badge that I will be repainting STI Pink.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Started getting stuff ready to go to the Powder Coaters. I filed a few tiny nubs and tiny spots of weld splatter off the TSS Fab subframes

Trying to remember what all I dropped off

Started polishing the Blitz Dump valve.. Still have a ways to go.

Practiced painting some stuff.. Not very good at it - You may notice some of these in the pic at the Powder Coaters

Received the Cobb FF kit and 1 of the 2 Cusco heat shields.. They are also, still yet to send the Fuel Pressure sensor

Hood vents have been redone to a more satisfactory standard.

Recieved this cool PC680 Battery holder

Here is my painted shifter linkage, complete with Torque Solution solid bushings.

Kartboy Shifter will pair nicely with the WC LatheWorks Reverse Lockout

My Powder Coater did an amazing job matching the Cusco Blue.. One of the items in some of these images is a genuine Cusco item... Can you tell where it is?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #238 (Edited)
Fortunately, back at the body shop.. The Rear Glass came out in one piece.

Got the gas tank dropped out of the STI. This pretty much completed my Donor teardown which is good because I've already sold everything that is left.

It was pretty gross so I started to clean it with the pressure washer

I was surprised at how clean it came just from a blast of water.

It only took about 6 months from them sending it, but this cool STI grill Badge was finally delivered from Russia.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
800 Posts
That badge is really nice! Gotta love the details. All the parts are so beautiful, I feel like I need to view this thread in private!

Man I would be peeved about the dents from the buckles, and the rear glass, I hope they took care of that for no charge.

This is gonna be a show winning car for sure! Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
That badge is really nice! Gotta love the details. All the parts are so beautiful, I feel like I need to view this thread in private!

Man I would be peeved about the dents from the buckles, and the rear glass, I hope they took care of that for no charge.

This is gonna be a show winning car for sure! Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics!
Hey, thanks for the kind words.. Yes, the bodyshop is taking care of things. Hopefully it won't take forever this time.

221 - 240 of 305 Posts