Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Well it's been a while since my last update so here is a quick summary of whats been going on..

Needless to say, there has been a lot of gokarting and lots of podiums including my youngest putting on Pole and scoring a 2nd place finish in his first ever SKUSA Pro Tour race!

I'm still waiting on my GC at the Body shop but it is getting much closer - Unfortunately they seem to have misplaced my Genuine STI 6 front lip so I'm having to order another from Rallispec.

Been quietly collecting a few more parts in the meantime.

Changed out the wheels on my BRZ with the Forged Nismo wheels I used to have on my 09 STI - The cheapo tires that I had on were done (including several snapped belts) after less than 20k miles. Had to use PCD adapters but even the 11mm ones were enough to push the rears out so far that they rub over some harsh bumps (well that and the meatier tires on the Nismo rims). I'm swapping to STI rear hubs this weekend to suck them back in.

The GC is still coming along, few more pieces of trim installed, new washers, new cowl etc.

Working on trying to source a Pink I badge for the grille, in the meantime I've got a genuine USDM badge that I'm thinking of trying to paint strip and repaint STI pink.. We'll see how that goes.

Also bought the wife a Jeep bc we are stupid. We are up to 6 vehicles now :blol:

And I finally got around to finishing out the cupboard I built to house my Air Compressor.

Biggest question of the day is how badly did I just screw myself in terms of wheel choice :crazy:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Brakes have mostly arrived but I'm pretty disappointed with how they were packaged as it has chipped and scarred them quite badly in places. :mad:

This however showed up yesterday and I'm pretty pleased with the condition it is in :clap:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Its been a while since my last update.. Not too much to report on the RS but there has of course been lots of karting.. Starting to find ourselves on the top step a little more often now too which is nice.

Joey Wins Texas Sprint at GCKI in Katy

James grabs Pole Position both days at GoPro Motorplex in North Carolina, but only manages a best of 2nd place on Saturday.

James on Pole Position in Amarillo

Scoring back to back jacks!

Top step!

Our trip to New Castle, Indiana didn't go quite as planned.. James was once again on pole but this kid parking it at the apex of the fastest corner on the track ended our National Racing season.

He T-Boned him at almost 50mph and head butted his hand on impact, fracturing the bone.

We had to skip out on the final round of the SKUSA Pro Tour and hope he was fixed in time to finish up the regional racing series.

Joey wins TPKC Rd6 at Speedsportz

Grabs 2nd in the Championsip and is awarded with most Improved Driver

James drove well enough to win the series, he was leading the points as they entered the final race but lost the championship when he had a mechanical DNF (His mechanic's fault (me)) due to his axle slipping and chain coming off, so had to settle for second again.. Story of our season.

Anyway, enough of that, here is what has been going on with the Scoob.

They finally brought it inside..

And treated it to some more new weatherstripping

The colour of the front end wasn't right (hood and fenders didnt match properly) so they have resprayed the hood and radiator cross member.

They finally came good on the promise to fix the terrible job on the Door jambs

Love me that booty!

I picked up a set of brand new looking Carbon Trim to spruce up the interior when I get it back.. I dont care so much for the factory fake carbon but I couldn't resist that these had leather boots with red stitching attached to match my new steering wheel perfectly.

I picked up a Split fold rear seat from the UK. Going to give it a good clean and see how it looks, will likely end up have it reupholstered to match the fronts if I ever decide on which seats I am going to use.

Not sure if I will end up using this JDM Rear seat back or just using the split fold one.. Does anyone have experience fitting a split fold rear seat in a car that did not come with it originally?

I got tired of Marco Ville pissing me around so decided to make my own STI Stars Badge. I ordered a home made one from a guy on FB but when it arrived it wasn't up to par so I'm doing it myself using a brand new OEM stars badge. I'm still on the lookout for a 74F V5/6 Grill with a Pink I badge that I can interchange with this when my mood changes.

I finally landed on which lift to buy.. Couldn't decide between 2 post or 4 post so I just ended up with whatever I could afford after all the Gokarting expenses :help:

I also started to do a little work on the STI. Tried out the BBS Wheels I bought because you can't beat gold wheels on a blue Subaru :projectsti.com:
And I'm now working on removing the brakes so I can try out the new 6 Pots and see if I have any wheels that will fit over the brakes.

Fortunately, Imelda only gave us a scare, I thought my Trailer was going to be flooded out when I saw this, luckily it only got up to just below the floor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Damn that's lucky. With the kiddo and the flood!

Then to have that other camper staring at you like 'ugh, don't you hate wet socks?'
IKR.. The trailers to the right of ours didn't fair so well..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
So tonight I confirmed that 2018+ STI front brakes will bolt right onto a 2005 STI knuckle. You do have to remove the dust shield but apart from that its gravy. :clap:

Tomorrow I'm going to see if I have any wheels that fit over them. Might have to pull the 19's off the BRZ :noes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
So 04-07 STI BBS wheels do not fit for sure :blol:

These Rota wheels clear with lots of space - Are they Rota Grids? Whatever they are, they are 18x8.5 +44

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I was going to say thinner too, then again, I was too lazy to confirm offset the same :lol:
Haha.. Yeah offset is the same.

Anyway, if I cant find any wheels I like in 18x8 with +44+ offset that clear, then I may just throw these brakes on the BRZ and stick with STI Brembos on the GC. I don't really want to as it would be cool to have these on my GC but I'm just not sure I can make 18x8.5 work on a stock narrow body :bonk:

141 - 160 of 188 Posts