Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Did my first ever BRZ track day at the Gokart track my kids usually race at. It was also my first time to ever drive the track myself.. It was interesting having the kids critique my driving for once :blol:

Spent a lot of the day just hooning and learning how to push the car beyond my usual comfortable limit. Turn 6, 7 & 11 made great drift opportunities and I even managed to flick my turn 6 drift into a perfect entry and opposite drift for turn 7 a couple of times.

Spun at the exit of 15 in the first session and took on a little dirt. I guess I found out that there is a tiny dip just past mid corner that unsettled the car when trying to take it flat.

Like I tell the kids, if you don't go off, you aren't pushing hard enough.

Didn't expect my BRZ to be my first car (in the current fleet) that averaged 8mpg. Camaro needs to do better.. Where is my Whipple!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
LOL I love the plate!
Wait....I thought the Whipple was for the BRZ:):drunk:

Haha no, the Whipple is for the Camaro. I’ve considered supercharging the BRZ but I’ll wait until at least next year when the warranty is up.. or maybe just not do it at all. It is my commuter car and decent gas mileage was one of the reasons for selecting that vehicle, running a supercharger on it will just give me an even heavier right foot.

If I do it, it’ll most likely be Eddlebrock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Eldest won his first ever Mini Swift Regional last weekend in Amarillo!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
Just put down a healthy deposit for the Camaro to go under the knife again. Shooting for 800whp this time.

It's getting:
Whipple installed
Dual Nozzle Meth setup with custom Cordes tank
Custom low side fuel system
Custom Catch can setup
Cam Motion custom cam
Weapon X Heat Exchangers
Cordes Charge Cooler expansion tank
CNC ported heads
ARP Head studs
103mm Throttle Body

81 - 100 of 174 Posts