Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Few more things have been painted

Turns out I was right, this is rust by the windshield.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I heard some progress had been made this week so I went and checked up on my car this afternoon.

Found a number of new parts had been painted, Door handles, Gas Door, Tail Light Trim, hood vents etc.

The core support has been painted and the front bumper installed.

My Spoiler, grill and front lip are still sitting around doing nothing though :crazy:

This is the kind of thing that pisses me off.. I don't know how many times I asked these for these to be removed before they painted it

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,114 Posts
I totally know how you feel on them door things. On my last paint job, I removed almost everything myself to avoid that. I asked them to remove the back window, and some old seal shavings fell down. 2-3 little ones and a pretty nice size one were just left... oh yea, painted right over. Glad it's on the back seat area, is a race car, and I don't mind a little spray paint to fix it.

But f me man. You got one job you do all day, clean, prep and paint. And we are paying you to do it. Don't be a lazy ass!

See you got me ranting now :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I totally know how you feel on them door things. On my last paint job, I removed almost everything myself to avoid that. I asked them to remove the back window, and some old seal shavings fell down. 2-3 little ones and a pretty nice size one were just left... oh yea, painted right over. Glad it's on the back seat area, is a race car, and I don't mind a little spray paint to fix it.

But f me man. You got one job you do all day, clean, prep and paint. And we are paying you to do it. Don't be a lazy ass!

See you got me ranting now :lol:
Exactly, it would have taken the same amount of time to remove it, as tape it off.. Actually scratch that, the guy must have taken all of 3 seconds to mask it off that badly.. :screwy:

Thanks for the comment BTW, beginning to think no one was watching :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
looking forward to seeing this together.
Thanks, me too.

If you hadn't guessed, a genuine STI V is my inspiration, however I wouldn't want to wait until you could legally import one to this country, nor would I want a RHD car here either.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Headlights are in.

New glass, regulators, motors and some trim!

New window felt guides!

New door wiring!

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
looks like they painted the whole front bumper blue when there should be some black where the license plate goes and such.

also on the euro rear bumper dont forget to tell them to fill in the holes where the euro plate mounts. i didnt notice it on mine until i saw the holes when I mounted my caliofrnia plate.

looks good!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
looks like they painted the whole front bumper blue when there should be some black where the license plate goes and such.

also on the euro rear bumper dont forget to tell them to fill in the holes where the euro plate mounts. i didnt notice it on mine until i saw the holes when I mounted my caliofrnia plate.

looks good!
You are probably right about the paint on the front bumper but that part will most likely be coming off anyway as I am wanting to put on a FMIC.

Thanks for noticing those holes on the rear bumper.. Already notified the body shop twice! :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Dropped off my rear wiper glass at the bodyshop today.

Unhappy to find it outside again but pleased to see the rear spats have been installed and look great.

Beauty spot!

New hood latch

New hood seal

41 - 60 of 174 Posts