Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010 WRX 5-Door (Past 2000 RS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My story starts out as me when I was 17 years old and wanted to have a 1999 Subaru Impreza RS Coupe in World Rally Blue, I had found one but my dad, being the Ford guy, had shown me reasons not to buy it and sadly I bought into what he had told me and bought a Ford Ranger. Now fast forward to May of 2012 I had finished college and found my dream car! Although it wasn't a '99 or World Rally Blue I had finally found the one car I've always wanted to own. The owner of Moore Performance and Race Parts in Bridgeville, Pa had bought a 2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Impreza RS coupe In hopes of restoring it but found a little too much wrong with it for him to keep it. Having Rust on the rear quarter panels, like every Subaru, the sun roof not working, and some holes in the rocker panel I knew I had to have it! I bought my dream car and I couldn't be happier. There were some aftermarket parts on it that the previous 7-8 owners have put on the car. I.e. Stromung Catback, Borla replica headers, Cusco Strut bars front and rear, an old school COBB intake(half of it was and still is missing), and a short throw shifter with a Greddy weighted shift knob. He also took the liberty of throwing a newer engine in it with only 35,000 miles on it, new clutch, hawke front pads and rotors, new rear brake pads and rotors also, new tires, and stainless steel braided brake lines. For some this would be the most they would want to do, but I on the other hand had more in store for my 121,000 miled Subaru... More to come!

For Now my current Modifications include...
Tsudo Catback
COBB Intake
Greddy Weighted Shift Knob
Kartboy Short Throw Shifter
Kartboy Front Swabar Endlinks
ENKEI GF1s
Bosch +4 Spark PLugs
Cusco Strut Tower Bars Front and Rear.

What will be going on over time..
STi Steering Wheel
WRX Rear Swaybar
Window Tint (I feel naked)
JDM EJ20K Swap (After I get settled into my new house)
Coilovers or KYB AGX struts and H&R springs
Corbeau Racing Seats
Harness Bar with 3 or 5 Point Harness

Attachments

·
Registered
'01 RS
131 Posts
liking the build so far! you've got a nice base to work with. any reason you switched out the stromung for the tsudo? i'd be willing to take it off your hands if you don't need it haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I switched it because the Tsudo gave it a more deeper rumble than the stromung. The stromung was good but it was a little too raspy for my liking. I've already sold it , for a lot less than what I should have :facepalm:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE. I finally got my driveshaft vibration out of the way. After two months I finally put my WRX driveshaft in and I should of done it a LOOOOONG time ago!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. Got my new shift knob and boot over the weekend the Kartboy is much lighter than my old greddy and I had to swap out the beat up leather boot for a nice black and red stitched suede one. Rust repair next on the list after I move with my soon to be fiance and possibly start gathering some go fast parts. I smell a swap pile brewing up! :burnout:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I should Update this with some Pics. My new Shift Knob, STi steering wheel I got from a buddy (Its a little rough) and some random pics from my visit down to Uniontown,PA

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So as I was driving back to Confluence this past weekend my poor Rachel (my car) developed a rear humming noise. I checked all the bearings and I feel no play in them. Could it be the beginning of a wheel bearing going bad, or is it most likely that the rear diff is going out of it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update..Bad news guys.... Yesterday as i was headed to Coraopolis,PA to my buddies garage to change my wheel bearing I smacked a guardrail Pretty good. I'm in the process of seeing what my insurance company has to say. Hopefully its going to be fixed and not totaled..

·
Registered
1999, Impreza rs, RBP
200 Posts
If there's no frame damage you can always buy it from the insurance company right. I don't have any experience with that but I heard it's done a lot . Sucks to see that man.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couple Updates... About three weeks ago I put my car in a guide rail =[

That was a very long day for me. Went to go replace a wheel bearing at my friends shop and got that instead.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The insurance company said it was a total loss and I just saw it as I need a fender a door and the rear quarterpanel fixed. I withdrew my claim and this is how far along I've gotten with it. There was no frame damage but it does have 146k on it and it is a 2000 so the insurance company wouldnt fix it because of that. 4500$ worth of damage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New Depo glass headlights with amber corners, unpainted front fenders, and my oem side skirts I got for a steal!! Next there will be some more rear quarter panel work and I'm gonna try and find a door too possibly a front bumper. Fender flares and paint after that! Hopefully it will be mostly done before Carisle Performance and Style in May!

·
Registered
1999, Impreza rs, RBP
200 Posts
Can't u take the money that they offer you and then buy you car back from them for really cheap? That way you have a few grand to get some work done?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I did I would have to get it all repaired myself and have to take it to an enhanced inspection garage and that alone would cost around 600$ I just decided to withdraw my claim because of that. My insurance company would of only gave me 1200$ for it anyway. There was no frame damage just body damage. After I wrecked we got it on a lift and checked everything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts