Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
JDM Moneypit
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to post just to confirm my suspicions about my car that recently got wrecked. I personally think it's going to be totalled due to the age and I've got about 97xxx miles on the car. It's been a great car and I've already put a considerable amount of money in the car. The only pictures I have are the ones I took with my iphone at the scene. I was still in a state of disbelief due to the way the accident happened and the other car coming out of nowhere to hit me. Luckily neither me nor my friend were seriously injured. The other driver (a 16 y.o. girl) was not injured either.

The way it all happened was me and my friend driving back from playing frisbee golf on a relatively light traffic road. We came to an intersection and had a green light. I was only traveling at about 35-40 mph at most. I saw the green light and was driving through when this car in the oncoming lane that was sitting decided to start moving towards me and before I knew it they were almost right next to me. I swerved to avoid a head on collision but she hit might basically right in the driver's side door. The pictures speak for themselves. I'm glad that no one was seriously hurt but I'm so pissed right now that I probably won't be getting my car back and now I have to go and start taking some pieces off of the car before it gets bought and claimed.

http://www.geocities.com/dusty9197/CAR001a.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/dusty9197/CAR002a.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/dusty9197/CAR003a.JPG

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Wow, glad you guys made it out ok....

I think you are correct in your thinking about the car being totaled.

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
If you wanted it fixed, you could probably get it fixed. It might cost you a couple grand, but I think it could be done

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza L Coupe
281 Posts
I personally think it's going to be totalled due to the age and I've got about 97xxx miles on the car.
http://www.geocities.com/dusty9197/CAR003a.jpg

Sorry to hear about your car man, but I'm glad to hear you're alright.

Not to be a complete prick.. a car is never totaled because of it's age... or millage. A car is totaled because the damage done to the vehicle cannot be repaired for less than 80% of the cars current NADA average value. However, I can essentially confirm your suspicions... the adjusters will probably total the car.. the rear quarter panel alone is about a $1500 fix, the door is another $100-$200, glass is $100, rear interior panel is $50, drivers side seat (looks like it at least) $150 and then paint to match. But really what totals it is the floorboards/frame. That's an impossible fix to get it back to previous condition without purchasing a shell and chopping it up.

Having said this, the 1st offer the insurance company gives you, isn't its final offer.

When I totaled my Roo in April, I was offered 4100 for it. I politely asked them to do a market survey to re-assess the value of the car.. they turned around and offered 4650 (or right around there) for it. Then I asked if they would donate the car back to me because I was laid off from work.. ultimately they essentially gave me 5100 for totaling my car.

·
Registered
JDM Moneypit
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely ask them to do the best they can in terms of the offer. I went on KBB.com and they said in the condition it was it was like 6200 or something for private sale and like 4500 for trade in so I guess somewhere in the middle of that would be ok I suppose. I've had the car since new and I'm really attached to it. I'd really be surprised if they do try to fix it with the damage that was done but I could be surprised.

Also, the windshield is cracked. I'm not sure if it was my forehead or not that hit it but there is another 200 at least. Some of the suspension is broke too because the rear driver's side is towed out.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
That sucks man, gl on finding your next one!

Chris

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,567 Posts
Oh man, another BRP wrecked... That's rough, I got hit in that same spot with my last RS, and I had to fight tooth and nail to get the full value for my car. I hope things go smoothly for you, and you can find a suitable replacement!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts