Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a letter into "Super Street" awhile ago and it was finally published. I really didn't care about the topic but I want to be a journalist for a mag eventually so I figured I should start writing now and practice.Does it sound like it is decently worded? I want to improve my writing skills if need be haha.

They think I am a loser because I know the history, I'm guessing by the title they gave my article. Everything I know I learned on here :D

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
I don't really like super street that much. I think that magazine appeals more to the honda community.

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really like super street that much. I think that magazine appeals more to the honda community.
It does, they are doing a old civic hatch build and the reader's ride winner was a S2000 that didnt really have any engine mods. Plus, the top 10 tuners list integra was numero uno

Getting a subscription to SUBIEsport this week :)

·
Registered
2000 BRP 2.5R-STI
460 Posts
GET EM!!

good write up... wasnt the wrx like #8 or 9 on that top ten list? or was it even on there at all? it was out several months ago so i cant really remember

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
That mag freakin' sucks. I lost complete faith in them years ago. Unless you are in high school don't even pick it up. They don't deserve the purchase.
Good job setting them straight, unless its a Honda, they don't know $hit about what they are writing about.

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
^^^^ No it was IN 1992 as a 1993 car. The OP is right.
Besides, even if wiki said it was a '92 car, I still wouldn't believe it. I've done some research on this and I also don't trust wiki. Its good for dummies.

·
HERO DEEP!!!
Lt. Dan the 2000 OBS
756 Posts
Ok, first, props on the letter. Super Street sucks, we all know this. And I have a 93 WRX, it was built in 92, but its the first year of the WRX. and its a 93. Hope I cleared ish up... thats it over < in my avatar.

·
HERO DEEP!!!
Lt. Dan the 2000 OBS
756 Posts
Easy, Siper. I wasnt calling you dumb or anything. I was just trying to get everyone on the same page as to what the first "year" of the WRX was, for the most part all 93's were built in 92, some were built in 93 but not that many, they were usually a year ahead. So technically the WRX was born in 92. But they were released to the public in and as 93's.

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That mag freakin' sucks. I lost complete faith in them years ago. Unless you are in high school don't even pick it up. They don't deserve the purchase.
Good job setting them straight, unless its a Honda, they don't know $hit about what they are writing about.
Thats why I am ordering my subscription to SUBIEsport tonight haha.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Easy, Siper. I wasnt calling you dumb or anything. I was just trying to get everyone on the same page as to what the first "year" of the WRX was, for the most part all 93's were built in 92, some were built in 93 but not that many, they were usually a year ahead. So technically the WRX was born in 92. But they were released to the public in and as 93's.
...Sorry... kinda stressed... moving tomorrow, signing papers on our new house.... my boss just gave me shit....

If I had any beer I'd drink one.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
...Sorry... kinda stressed... moving tomorrow, signing papers on our new house.... my boss just gave me shit....

If I had any beer I'd drink one.
Sounds like someone needs a hug :blol:

·
HERO DEEP!!!
Lt. Dan the 2000 OBS
756 Posts
Next time im up your way were goin out for a beer, ok buddy?

Grats on the house, tell the boss to go fk himself. LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts