Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
wrb blobeye wrx wagon
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people just wanted to make a new cleaner members journal. here goes it.

1999 Impreza L wagon
-ej25 swapped out of an 02 legacy
-uel header back exhaust dc sport can (custom pipes)
-rear sway bar off legacy outback
-rs front calipers
-ralco rz short shifter & rallitek polyurethane shift bushings
-painted no name after market 17in rims
-blue leds in gauges and hvac
-97 legacy drivers seat (for comfort more then anything)
-soon to be lowered on my current kyb gr2 struts and eibach springs

Attachments

·
Registered
wrb blobeye wrx wagon
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres some photos from start to now

Attachments

·
Registered
wrb blobeye wrx wagon
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so 2 years ago I picked up my second Subaru this here black little gf8. I used to have a legacy wagon and after bouncing around between a few cars I realized the only vehicle I have ever truly enjoyed was my old Subaru. So the hunt was out for a Impreza wagon loved the legacy but wanted a slightly smaller wagon and I found this gem in upstate pa and 2500 bucks later it was mine.

And so the games began. The first thing I wanted was it to be louder. So I had a cat back created at the local monro and well lets just say the potential was there but I wasn't happy with the look or the sound. Started looking around at a couple mufflers and it was up in the air between a borla boomer or the dc sport based off looks and tone both had what I wanted but price ended up winning. The dc sport was like 30 bucks cheaper and I haven't regretted it yet.

Next was the shift bushings. The clutch went and I figured I would throw those on wile I had the trans torn apart. Btw doing the clutch on jack stands wasn't the most fun I've had with the car.

Not long after that I started looking for wheels and ended up scoring the no name wheels I have. Traded my steel wheels for 'em. Not a bad deal if I do say so. Not alot went into the car for a while. That is until I realized my struts were blown out and I was rubbing tires when I hit big bumps :(.

So things went on normally after that not having alot of money no more work went into my ride. That is until something went terribly wrong and lets just say I bounced off redline and my connecting rods didn't like that. I bent a rod in one of my cylinders and the car was dead. And it sat that way for a year while I worked and looked for a new motor. Until by chance a coworker had a motor out of a legacy he was looking to get rid of.

And so the swap began. Alot of things went wrong didn't fully prepare for the fun I was getting into. Had the wrong cam gear and sensor so my timing was all jacked and my crank gear needed to be swapped with the 2.2s gear. Well I got it all sorted out and the little gf8 that could was back on the road.

Then the real fun began new work better money and a feionce that shares my love for subarus all helped bring the car to life. Since then I have painted the wheels and the spoiler. Installed a ralco RZ short shifter new radio and threw some blue leds in my dash.

I've got alot of plans for the future like getting rid of the rust and a RS hood and bumper lowering springs and fender flares. But lots of time and money will be needed before then. So until then the little gf8 will be roaming around Philly trying to look and sound its best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts