Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
98 Impreza OBS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 98 impreza l 2.2

Soooo it all started in February 2012 when I traded this guy my 83 Mazhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3970924/1998-subaru-impreza-l-coupe-2d#da Rx7 for 98 Impreza car and 900$ on top from a guy in Idaho. i miss it still!! but veryy happy with my Impreza !:) many mods i plan on doing soo keep your eye on me!! :naughty:

unique is what i look for when lookin at a car. :sunny:

will be doing lots of mods over the months/ years till i feel like its mine and i did the work to earn it! I recently have done lots of exterior work to the car just to make it look nice and sporty.

This car was completely stock when i bought it besides all blacked out lights blahh :wtf:

Possibly thinking about buying a motor to build on the side and learn more as i go sinse im so new to this fuel injection **** compared to my rx7 and rotor haha.

Sense i never got around to starting a album when i first bought the car here are pics from when i first bought it to its present! and ill keep up dating from now on and let you know future mods!

My subie currently has 185,000 miles on it. bought it with 180,000.
its a 2.2l phase 1 motor
Current mods-
N1 axleback exhaust
custom intake
short shifter
Intierior-
Rs front/rear seats
Rs front/rear door cards
Rs black under dash and center console
Rs shift boot
"almost done with rs interior swap" :D
Stainless steel gauge bezel cover
8inch sub
Exterior
-
Rs hood
Rs rims w/Bf Goodrich tires
Rs side skirts
Amber corner lights
clear turn signals
M3 spoiler
Window tint
baked headlights
Rally armor Mud flaps
Wingless trunk
DIY front lip

Suspension-
Isc Coilovers
Ebay Front and rear top strut bars
God Speed Adjustable rear lateral Links

Here is my Rx7 i traded for my scoob.. was my grandparents and my dads past down i really miss it. someone n idaho has it now i wish i could buy it back to keep on the side!

March 2012

April2012

·
Registered
98 Impreza OBS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha! dude just let me know when!? this whole week is gonna be nice!! better to do on weekends when everything is closed though and no cars around. ive been wanting to try and find some good photo shot locations! tryin to get some local people all together for some nice shots!

·
Registered
98 Impreza OBS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Traded a guy stock rear struts and front kyb's.. with Tanabe lowering springs... for Isc N1 coilovers :) the guy didnt like how stiff coils are cause he has a long commute every day. i dont mind haha. i currently am rubbing on the left rear and i dont understand why?!?! any thoughts?? i dont have anything that would make it more camber on that side..i clear plenty on the right side. i mean just a little on the rubber nothing thats gonna harm. i ordered 5mm spacers,rear camber bolts and i have Rear adjustable lateral links on the way! should be here this week :) I also need to get an alignment as soon as i get it set to my likings have a little binding on the springs which sucks.

·
Registered
98 Impreza OBS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sooch-i haven't yet no i plan to within the next few days... i have the adjustable lateral links/camber bolts coming so i wanted to install those first and play with the Camber a little if i need to.. i just kinda threw it on today while i had time everything set nicely. i figured an alignment would help.some people say it didnt change anything when they got one. just seems weird just installing one side would rub and the other not. i hope its the alignment thanks!

·
Registered
99 rustbox
1,041 Posts
check the height and dampening to make sure they are all at the same level. Either the left one is fucked or the settings are off.

·
Registered
98 Impreza OBS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im thinking i have the height a tad off im crossing my fingers at least haha its not much diff from the other side(rubbing wise). ill find out tomorrow when i adjust the front camber a little and and also just play with the 32 way dampening adjustments and see if i notice difference around corners some people take the time to find a difference some dont notice or care. ill find out tomorrow! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2000 OBS BRP
27 Posts
Looks good man! Hope you can take care of the rubbing issue.
Man, I knew I'd seen your car before, I looked through your journal a couple of months ago,lol. I recognized the bridge out in Carbonado, thats an awesome drive!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 129 Posts