Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brightons
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I first bought the black one a couple of years ago and after a face lift, paint job, engine swap (1.8 -> 2.2) and suspension goodies this is how it sits as my DD.

^ These are from the Spring Ascutney Hillclimb

Video(in scoop):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGYTuv7nFS8

^^This is a harness bar I made for autox/hillclimbs that bolts in.

Enjoy!
Anthony

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brightons
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes that is a RI light bar and thanks!

My next purchase over the summer was another 96' Brighton for $600 that I will be building into a stage rally car. I have already built my skidpate which I did end up using for the fall Ascutney Hillclimb with the car. I plan on building the car next summer/fall to be ready for the 2010 season.

As the car sits (from Ascutney):

Rallyx:

And some video from Ascutney!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zLAyikK4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbsxme4BGfU

More from Ascutney

This is a gopro camera and yes it did come with its own suction mount. I didn't want to use the suction because it has some play at the suction cup and I had this very strong magnet that is better suited for this application. I just made up a quick bracket to hold it.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I wish I had two! My '96 bRightOn(!!!) is due for a swap, and I've got a 2.2 sitting around - just not gussied up to getting on with it yet. To shorten my history of it, I bought it as a "screw around, " car, to do things I wasn't willing to use the RS for (i.e. RallyX; I know, I'm paranoid). And then I had a run-in with a deer and it's been on the back burner since then.

Amazingly enough, I'm almost 100% certain I enjoy the Brighton more than my RS, 1.8 and all. Maybe it's my lack of restraint?

I'm actually considering selling the RS and looking for another Brighton. I kind of want to go anything pre-96, though, and have an OBDI and and OBDII..

Did you have your door moulding holes filled on the black one, or did you swap out doors?

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brightons
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GC4-RS said:
u gonna be around this weekend, radar run in newport on saturday....
no still down in Boston, the next time I come home is Oct 18th for an overnight TSD, then the next weekend for a Hillclimb and the next for another TSD. So one of those weekends Ill hit you up! :monkey:

GC8.Love said:
Did you have your door moulding holes filled on the black one, or did you swap out doors?
Yah when I had the car repainted I also had a lot of body work done and that was one of the things he did. It is nice having a car that you can beat on with out worrying about it. The skidplate on the red suby makes it easier to do that (1/4in alu that goes from the radiator support past the tranny - strong enough for stage rally).

After putting the 2.2 in the black car I really want to do the same with the red one but I have to check the rules about production class for Rally America.

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brightons
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The Mt. Philo Hillclimb is this weekend and I will have better footage this time (using two cameras). One will be inside looking at the driver (for the footage and also sound - sound on the gopro is horrible) along with the gopro outside getting the footage of the runs. Ill post up pics and video once i get it all edited.

Also the Covered Bridge TSD is the weekend after so ill also have some pictures from that as well.

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brightons
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I kinda bought a 3rd 96' Impreza Brighton over the weekend, this time green. So I'll have to get the title changed at some point once I get some pictures...oh well :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts