Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
93 Aqua Frost GF4
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Peter and this is my 93 L wagon, my second Subaru.

Drivetrain
ej22 phase I
Manual swap
Perrin shifter bushings
straight pipe(obnoxious)
cone filter

Suspension/Footwork
D2 Rs Series coilovers
Whiteline adjustable 22mm RSB(not installed)
Perrin rear endlinks(not installed)
Ebay strut tower bars(not installed)
Diamond pro street wheels 16x8
Bridgestone 205/40/16

Exterior
Rally Armor mudflaps
JDM v1-4 front bumper
JDM banana turn signals
JDM wrx sti wing(replica)
JDM v1 hood scoop
S13 fender flares
Clear blinkers
DIY clear corners
Chalk board roof
Debadged
Custom side skirts
Custom diffuser
Red tinted taillights
Tsurikawa
Home depot front lip

Interior
Gutted rear end w/rhino liner
98 dash/center console stuff
Flocked dash
Wrx stereo
Bride Low Max seats(replica)
Takata 4 pt.harness
JDM V5/6 sti steering wheel
Tall steel shifter
pretty much no interior besides dash and seats

So my first Subaru was a 1998 outback sport. I had it for a year and a bit and it was been a great car! I always wanted to swap a ej207, ej257, or a eg33 but I never had enough money to do this. I had SO MANY plans for this car but life happens, and so does arrogant driving. It was new years day and I was driving to pick up my girlfriend to go out for the day. The roads were icy the night before and I knew this because I drove home at 1am the previous night and it was verrrryyy icy. That being said the next morning the roads were fine and i was just driving excited to be getting out of the house. I turned onto a backroad to go get my girlfriend and the first turn I went around was a right bend in the shade and I was going too fast for the conditions. I slid off the road hitting a tree. ****. Looking back I thought of what I could've done to avoid the crash, the only thing i could come up with was don't be a dumb ass and always be sure to pay attention to the road conditions.

After this I was in a funk for pretty much the whole month. It sucks crashing your car, but i knew this day would eventually come. So I was looking on craigslist for the past couple weeks for a shell of a impreza that I could swap everything into(everything on the obs still worked) or just a impreza sedan/wagon that had busted engine or transmission. So finally I found someone who would email me back, the owner of my new car!

1993 Aqua Frost Impreza L Wagon

The begging of the aqua frost starts at pg.9 (i dont know how to make a link thing....)

RIP

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
You just click the little button that looks like a picture and paste the URL of the picture from the site where you are hosting them.

·
Registered
98 OBS
674 Posts
congrats on the eagle scout and the OBS & welcome! :)

yours is the stock ride height twin of mine! i kinda miss stock height on my wagon now looking at your pics lol

·
Registered
1993, Impreza L
605 Posts
Grats on the Eagle scout, I as well made Eagle several years back.
As for the corners, unscrew the tab that is holding them onto the top of the headlight, they are also held in at the bottom but just take your palm and lightly hit it forward and it will pop out! When you install the clears, make sure the little knub on the backside of the corner light pops into the headlight and then screw it in.

Then enjoy your mad tyte jDm Corners yo.

·
Registered
93 Aqua Frost GF4
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grats on the Eagle scout, I as well made Eagle several years back.
As for the corners, unscrew the tab that is holding them onto the top of the headlight, they are also held in at the bottom but just take your palm and lightly hit it forward and it will pop out! When you install the clears, make sure the little knub on the backside of the corner light pops into the headlight and then screw it in.

Then enjoy your mad tyte jDm Corners yo.
enjoy your mad tyte jDm Corners yo, LOLOLOL
Sorry i didn't mean those, i meant the amber Side blinkers. Sorry about that.
I am still waiting for the clear corners in the mail though so i am sure your instructions will help once i get those. :)

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Supposedly the fender lights just pop out by pushing them towards the front of the car and pulling out. I still cant get mine off, but I'm probably just an idiot, lol.

·
Registered
98 OBS
674 Posts
push forward on the fender light, sometimes it can be pretty hard, it should slide forward slightly and allow the back to pop out... If you look at your new lights it should be fairly easy to see how it clips in
bolded for truth (how i find out everything about my car is rs25 or reverse engineering lol)

1 - 20 of 396 Posts