Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #141

Custom made decal that is as close to what I'd believe it would be for the riser. The old slogan for Mine's was "Motor Sports Creator" that I've seen on much older items.

I also resprayed the side trim with SEM Trim Black after using SEM Plastic Cleaner to promote adhesion. I like how it came out but may re-apply on one side as it came out a bit faint. I blame the near 100 degree temps.

- This one is after painting. More to come as always!

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #144

Its been a minute so here's whats been updated:

1. Painted wipers with SEM Trim
2. Painted rain guard inside the hood scoop with SEM Trim
3. Installed "city" lights inside the main light housings, spliced into the corner light
4. Debadged the 2.5RS emblem on the trunk
5. Properly installed front plate tilt
6. Oil change, tire rotation, alignment, and full exterior detail done
7. Installed rear stainless door sills after having to cut to fit
8. Spruced up engine bay with new parts

I went to H2Oi this year again and had a blast, we had a big turnout for the GC Owners Meet - 16 cars, and a few that were at H2Oi that did not show, I'd say about 20 GC Impreza's were there in total.

Adam Whitaker's coupe was there putting on a show.

13 cars went on a short cruise afterward, good times were had. Hit 91K miles on the way home.

Then I got married and went to Italy for 2 weeks! Now time to buy parts before its too late as everyone keeps telling me :p

More to come as always, there's a bunch of parts sitting here I need to install...in due time!

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,166 Posts
Car is looking clean as ever. I can spot a shitbox widebody coupe there in the back repping NH all the way down there.

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
hahaha what day did u get married? i got married too on 11/6/18 which is why i havent updated in a while.

which city light kit did u go with? i want to wire up my foglight relay to be active with the parking lights, and that would go awesome with a set of city lights.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
hahaha what day did u get married? i got married too on 11/6/18 which is why i havent updated in a while.

which city light kit did u go with? i want to wire up my foglight relay to be active with the parking lights, and that would go awesome with a set of city lights.
10/20!

As for the city light kit, I found a universal kit on eBay.

Anyone interested in my Avis R14 grille? For sale. Very rare piece. Message me :)

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Long overdue update.

Installed:
1. Antonenko555 front lip with SEM Trim Black treatment
2. Pivot "Ballerina" Impreza Super Shift knob
3. Metal shift surround powdercoated black from chrome
4. New OEM cabin air filter kit
5. New OEM window weather stripping for both sides

I also purchased a brand new door panel:

It will get reupholstered with the Recaro print as well in due time. I also had the car detailed just prior to the front lip going on:

I also test fit a C-West grille but didn't like the look:

I have a new grille going on as soon as it gets back from paint. There's also calipers, and some other small things to go on soon enough. More to come as always.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Ooohhh. Nice. How much do the door panels run?
The only one left in the parts system was the drivers door panel for sedans.

It was just under $415 with tax picked up. it is easily the most expensive single OEM part I have purchased thus far.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts