Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
now it just need the OG burnup lip to complement the whole package.
I'm not a huge fan of that lip though. And Burn-Up stuff...well that's easier said than done.

Again wish there was a simpler, flat version without the lower portion on each side.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Flat fuel door finally installed:

I also worked to recreate the original fuel door sticker that is no longer available from Subaru:

I also replaced the gas cap, and the plate behind it with new ones as well

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
288 Posts
Looks great. I just got the whole kit to do mine. I'm a long way off from installing though.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Update:

New OEM antenna, finally installed after 4 years of owning this piece - never got around to it and found it hiding

Cleaner "gurney flap" I found on eBay, its basically a small lip spoiler re-purposed.

Lots more to come with the interior back together...I also was able to wire the seat height adjusters with the help of a friend, so that is also working now.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
^ change the rear bumper plz
Never!

Some updates:

Interior is finally back together. I installed the following:

New items: OEM carpet, kick panel, outer radio panel, radio trim, button blanks, JDM hazard switch, HVAC panel & bulbs all went in.

The stainless door sills, '02 WRX radio thrown in. Put the floor mats back in for the summer as well.

I also had a local friend help wire in the seats so the electric height adjusters on the Recaros now work too!

While the carpet was out, I added SLS CLD sound deadening tiles which has helped the interior be a bit quieter for sure - only added a few tiles but will use the remainder on the door panels.

More to come soon!

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

Was delayed when someone hit my front bumper while it was parked, this pic is after it came back from the body shop. It's all better now.

Put the fluted lights on as well as a permanent solution to mounting the front plate. More to come as always, once I get off my butt.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
being and old man sucks. i'm getting closer and closer to 40 and i'm not liking my super low low ride anymore. really want to get my hands on some h&R's to give me the best of both worlds.

burn-up lip...shyeah right. good luck on that. :lol: ebay UK maybe?

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

DAMD wheel is in. Red stitching. Custom period correct six star decal. Painted spoke inserts black. New OEM cruise control switch fitted (GC) as well.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,690 Posts
I'm interested in hearing how you like the flat bottom wheel on the Auto-x course. I've heard mixed reviews, some people say that it really throws them off when things get twisty.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I'm interested in hearing how you like the flat bottom wheel on the Auto-x course. I've heard mixed reviews, some people say that it really throws them off when things get twisty.
Well, this thing doesn't do Auto-X courses, but it is definitely taking some getting used to. I almost wish I went with the standard one, but saw the gap between the airbag and the wheel was more prominent with that one, versus the flat shape.

I am considering switching still though ha

121 - 140 of 154 Posts