Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires acquired, and my Flatout Suspension coilovers arrived today!

BIG update coming next week!!! Can't wait, likely end of the week I'll have everything together!

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Subscribing! Clean looking car! Lucky to have found it with only 50k!

You going to OCAWD?
Thanks! I am going super early Saturday morning, leaving early Sunday to avoid the massive traffic going in and out of OC. Full detail on Friday, no pics until then!

I'm at 60K now!

those mirrors look like ganador mirrors. they can be pretty pricey! u can get some replica ones for half that maybe
Gotcha, I was looking through those, but I couldn't find this specific style that are NON-vented. All the ones I see are vented.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I don't know how I missed this car at OCAWD. That is super clean, looks great. What rims are those?
I definitely saw your car, that's for sure. I was parked around back near the dyno

One more...

The wheels are Speedline ST2's similar to old 555 cars, tarmac spec as seen on this tribute car:

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So its been a while since I've updated, but I had a really bad wheel bearing. I had to rip out a lot of rusted suspension components to get to it. Lateral links, knuckles, backing plate...all new stuff now!

Car is quiet as a mouse now. I am looking to make a list of other minor stuff, but next up is some rear quarter panel rust repair...

I also added an HTAuto lip I purchased from Becca (BettyblueRS) and got that on! Lastly I drove Skyline Drive, amazing ride...

That's it for now, steelies going back on soon for winter mode...

·
Registered
307 Posts
miss my old 1998 rs with only 60k miles on it, it was black and auto but still 60k miles was dope. good luck on build.

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Now around 72K, I have the following to install:

1. JDM Grill with "i" badge
  2. Replica fog covers
  3. JDM rain guards
  4. GD STi handbrake handle with red stitching
  5. Zealous Interiors extended armrest with extra padding, handbrake boot, and shift boot, all with red stitching
  6. Brand new OEM dashboard pocket, radio trim, Forester shift trim with deeper pocket, and center console
  7. Coupe wing with original matching paint and 2.5 RS logo stickers intact
  8. Brand new Lloyd Rubbertite mats
Also been working on a little project with a person here to make a 3D replica of a part that's notoriously easy to break, and NLA...more on that later. Pics to come!

41 - 60 of 154 Posts