Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Pretty sure I just looked at it the other day and it was right were it should be. But I'll double check

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Power steering fluid was just below min line so i bought a quart of atf and topped it off. Still had the squeeling so I got under the hood and tightened up the belt. Didn't start the car to check tho cuz it was still warm at that point. Will update within the next few hours. Pretty confident that the belt was just a little loose. I was reading that these belts call for an adjustment after initial break in period.

EDIT: no more squeeling after tightening the belt. Now I am just going to go back and make sure I didn't over tighten to make sure I don't prematurely kill the bearings.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
OK guys I need some opinions here. I bought the car with somewhere around 135k and it now has 138k

I have no idea if the trans fluid has ever been replaced. I want to put all new fluids in the car but I am reading mixed opinions on whether to change the trans fluid or not. Some say if its never been done before that it could harm the transmission. What do you guys think?

Also would you change the diff fluids as well or leave them too?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Replace with Subaru S or Redline transmission fluid will be fine, I do that to all my cars at 150K-200K.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I have a 4eat so I'll probably be using Subaru atf for tranny and extra s for front and rear diff. Sound about right?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Replaced the end links with the old ones and didn't forget washers this time (I think) and still got the clunk... bout to just give up on the noise.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
You can read about it a few pages back...
First it was when turning now it is only on bumps or bumpy turns.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Had the same issue on my RS, with that very piece of line. I think there's actually a TSB about it...
Interesting. I am just glad I fixed it and it doesn't smell like gas anymore in the car!

Maybe this will help someone in the future pinpoint their problem.

·
Registered
02 Impreza RS 5spd dark blue
651 Posts
so what else are you looking for in terms of "things to do"? i used to never want subs cus it was heavier. now im running subs, 2 tool kits, an extra pair of boots, and soon a hitch kit and ski racks. i learned i like my car, with a few dings and scratches, to do what i like and have fun with not baby it and and never get her a lil dirty. dont get me wrong, keep it well maintained and wash her frequently, but do whatever makes diriving your car worth it for you

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
So I had a whole response typed up from my phone then someone called me and everything got erased... :/

But I want to do some exhaust work, just not sure how much... deff think I am going to pick up this Sti cat back for $100 tho

I want some rpf1s but they are expensive and I don't have unlimited funds so I am probably gonna plastidip my stock wheels for now.

I wanna paint/wrap some interior trim pieces as well.

I havent decided if I want to buy and try hooking up some fog lights or just buy some covers. I think the covers look cleaner but a little extra light never hurt anyone either lol

Anyone have any tips or links on what I'll need to hook up some fogs?

There's other things too like some tint, just have to figure out what %

I feel you on dings and scratches. I have to keep reminding myself this is my first car and I got a good deal on it. I am supposed to beat up my first car and not baby it. It isn't an Sti as much as I want it to be.

I am starting to wonder how much longer she would have run with me ignoring that HG work...

Prob could have saved myself some money but oh well its done now...

I have really been entertaining the idea of selling and getting something that is stick but bugeyes are the only ones in my price range and I hear bad reports on their trannies so I am kinda hesitant.

Thanks for asking and being interested!

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
420 Posts
Bugeye trannies aren't as weak as people make them out to be. As long as you don't drop clutch launch the car, it should be fine up to 350wtq. Mine's fine with my jdm sti swap. Lots of Bugeye guys are on the stock clutch with 120k+ miles.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Hmm that's interesting. Its just risky buying used cars because if I buy something with 120k the person could have been beating the car the whole time and I would never know. I would be nervous to buy a bugeye but I'm still considering it lol

So my radio is doing that **** again where it won't turn off when I turn the car off.

Of course I snapped the bolt on my battery terminal when I was reconnecting it

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
420 Posts
lol sounds like your car's giving you lots of things to work on.

As for buying a bugeye, just as with buying any second hand turbo charged car, a compression and leakdown test is recommended and will let you know how the engine's doing and a good thorough test drive and shop inspection will tell you most of the rest.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Lol oh yeah she loves to keep me busy! I dont mind it really tho.

Yeah I think I'm going to fight my urges for a turbo/manual car and wait a while.

Edit: unless of course I come across an awesome deal ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
This pic is a few days old but I never posted it.

I tried washing my car today at the self serve car wash today. It looked great until it dried and I realized that it was still dirty as hell lol I felt really stupid... at least there was really no way to mess up using the vaccuum lol

·
Premium Member
2004 WRB WRX Wagon
514 Posts
Yea, when you get into the snow and road grime, physically taking a cloth/towel/scrubber is the only way to get ALL the dirt off.

101 - 120 of 310 Posts