Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Didn't measure it but that's what I was told... dude had a bugeye wrx when I got to his house so I'm assuming its a 20mm haha

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Installed mudflaps and sway bar. I got a weird clunkimg noise every once in a while that sounds like its the sway bar. I've heard other report these problems but never seemed to solve it. Any idea what it might be? I'm going to get under there and retighten everything today. Also is it too late to apply grease? Should I have applied it in between the bushing and the metal?

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
420 Posts
I used to get the clunking too when I installed mine. I figured it's the sway bar shifting slightly. I don't think the OEM bushings need greasing because it's rubber not polyurethane.

Grease might break down the rubber. Check the connection between the sway bar mounts and bushings.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hey man they guy I bought the bar from already had poly bushings and I forgot to grease them so I think that might be the problem.

I got under there and tightened everything up a few times already and the noise has decreased in how often I hear it, but its still there. I think I'm gonna go back and grease the bushings today. Do the end links have to be greased as well? I'm not sure if there are actual bushings in the endlink or not but its the same red color as the other bushings so I assumed he upgraded both to poly.

Thanks man

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Ok thanks man. Do you have any experience with finish line Teflon grease? Its made for bicycles but I read a few people saying they used it on poly bushings as well.

I already have some that's why I ask. Just wondering if I could use what I already have instead of going out and spending more money

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
All good man. So I don't think the lack of grease was the problem. After looking at bunch of pics and getting under my car countless times, I realized we forgot the washers on the outside of the end link and the bolt was digging straight into the poly when put under pressure. There were chunks of poly missing on each side...

So I put the washers in and now it only clunks on bumps but no longer on turns... I think the damage has already been done tho... I'm either gonna have to put my old end links with rubber bushings back in or buy some new poly bushings for this set.

I'm just sick of getting under my car 10 times everyday.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Here are some recent pics... I can't get a good angle or the right lighting to show off the mud flaps but it makes the car look way better...

I need to give her a bath btw..

Does anyone know what color my car actually is? Lol I think its called pacifica blue pearl but I'm still not sure...

And anyone have any thoughts what would look nicer, gold or black wheels?

I'm kinda leaning towards black to keep it more low key but I don't know if that will look good or not.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Haha my old bmx bike was neon/lime green. I think I'm gonna go with black but that blue and gold is sooo nice its just over done...

Thanks for your opinion! I'm debating getting it repainted. Its got so many blemishes right now.

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
420 Posts
Plastidip it! It's cheap, it looks like powdercoating and it can be removed easily if you put enough coats. I was also thinking white might look good as well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Plastidip the whole car? Haha I was planning on plastidipping the wheels but idk about the whole car. Not a bad idea tho...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Haha yeah my bad I wasn't very clear. I'm deff plastidipping the wheels at some point but the car has got so many dents and scratches I want to repaint it. But at the same time its getting close to 140k and there's really no point cuz I'm just gonna scratch it up again.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Yeah its kinda pointless. Unless I decide to do full Sti swap in a few years then I'll paint it WRB ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
Damn passenger window, took the door card off to try and adjust the angle. Set both front and rear adjustment as low as it could go and still is catching the weather-stripping.

Also handbrake must be really worn out cuz I can not get it to work either. Tried adjusting back by the brakes and by the lever multiple times. Seems like its working, pull lever with wheel off ground and I can't spin it. Then when I use it while moving... nothing no stopping power at all. Very strange..

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Here are some pics from yesterdays pathetic snow storm. Snow was barely on the streets.

Also I noticed that i have a squeeling belt or at least that is what it sounds like. I am assuming it the power steering because it squeels for a few seconds on start up then stops. But if I try to drive without letting the car fully warm up, the power steering assist is non existent at first and the squeeling comes back...

Now the shop was supposed to replace all the belts idlers and pulleys with ones that I provided.

Is this common after installing new belts or is it more likely they didn't actually put the new ones in? I really don't think they would do something like that.

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
You should probably check the power steering fluid level first before you do anything else. My friend's Geo Prizm was rattling like a mofo for a while on start-up before he realized it was in desperate need for fluid lol

81 - 100 of 310 Posts