Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I saw this sitting on a local used car lot back in May. I had no intentions of picking up another car. I stopped to look at it and it was alright, not the best conditions but i figure i could use a DD and I like my subarus. Ive had: 97 LGT, 02 RS, 02 WRX, 05 WRX.

not sure if i got a good deal from a used car lot but the guy wanted $2000, i got it for $1700 after tax etc. Its FWD, Auto, 1.8L and has 143k on it. and it runs pretty well for whoever owned it last. After using it for 2 months as my DD back and forth to work, i started looking for parts and i havent stopped looking.

As of now nothing is done to the car, but its in dire need of some new suspension goodies, i have a deal pending on some struts with the koni inserts right now and a possible 2.5rs brake swap.

Future mods arent much (at least to some of these other cars)
im looking to swap it to 5spd if i can find a FWD trans and to the 2.2L or 2.5L not sure. The Body needs a lot of TLC, and i figure i want to get it running well before i look into body repairs.

This wont be no fast project for myself as im not 100% mechanically inclined but i can do some things. Thats all for now, ill try and update as i go along.

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
the 95 FWDs have a smaller clutch (and flywheel i believe) so i dont think a 2.2 or 2.5 up to the FWD transmission. you would probably have to do a AWD conversion

lots of potential tho!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so it begans, i figure id where i felt needed the most attention and thats the ride quality since its extremely bouncy, and when i hit a bump on the highway the other day i almost lost control of the car so today i placed and order for KYB GR2's for all four corners and a set of eibach prokit springs...more to come

1 - 5 of 5 Posts