Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My 1991 Nissan 240sx SR20 Sil80

9K views 44 replies 10 participants last post by  A DOG 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted a drift car so i pulled a loan and got a Nissan 1991 240sx se with an SR20DET black top swap, FMIC, garret turbo and other goodies.

1991 Nissan 240SX SE Hatchback

Exterior
-Full Silvia front end conversion
-JDM AB Flug Front bumper
-side aero kit
-primer snow camp paint
-Quick release front bumper

Interior
-Cup holder
-Wink 5 panel rear view mirror
-Crown Royal shift boot
-SP2 Bucket Seat
-Drift steering wheel
-Drift button

Motor
-Black top S14 SR20DET (50k miles)
-Garrett S15 Spec R turbo
-550 CC injectors
-Metal Headgasket
-Walboro 255 fuel pump
-Tomei ECU
-SAFC II
-GREDDY EO1 EBC
-FMIC 3" intercooler piping
-SS exhaust manifold
-HKS BOV
-3" down pipe
-high flow cat
-APEXI cat back exhaust
-Z32 AFM
-blitz intake

Drivetrain
-Vicious LSD
-HICAS lock
-twin plate cluch

Suspension/brakes
-STANCE SS+ coilovers
-brembo rotors with axis pads

Wheels
-Rear 18in MR7 225/40/18
-Front 17in MR7 215/45/17

Not many 240s here in Montana. They are not very practical for montana but screw it i want to have fun. Here's a couple pics of my 240.

Current Picture

I'm keeping the snow camo paint for the winter then painting it something else come spring time.

The guy who owned the car has been collecting JDM parts for years and this is a front bumper he brought back from Japan. He lived in Japan for 4 years. Its a little too low for my liking and kind of ugly but i will keep it for now until I can find a stock bumper or something that looks good.

The GET coilovers are crap. So im ordering up some Stance coilovers shortly. It could be lower but I don't like the slammed look.

Engine bay nice and clean

clean interior

EBC and SAFC hooked up. Also got a cup holder from a member on here.

Videos
Big Ol Burnout

Snow drifting

Attachments

See less See more
2 9
#4 ·
#6 ·
I'm selling tons of SR parts! If you're interested here is the link. Feel free to PM me on here or Zilvia

CA New/Used/OEM *COMPLETE* SR20DET Part-Out! A lot of Quality Parts! - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum
I do need a Power FC with commander. But i wont have that dough for a bit. they're damn pricey but I'm sure they are well worth it. I might need a power steering pump. I will check but i think mines leaking.

Im super jelly. I want a drift car so bad! I've been keeping my eye out for something like this local to me. Congrats and have fun for fucks sake!
O i will have tons of fun. Stay tuned for drift footage and hopefully no curb smacking.

#28 ·
I really dig the snow camo, keep it that way!
I have grown to love the camo paint. But it is lacking in RAD factor because its fading primer pant. I have decided to redo the snow camo paint to look sharp and RADICALL!!! It will look like this

and this

Would catch peoples eyes and help it to be one of a kind.

On another note i finally got it to boost past 8lbs. I messed with the low boost settings and switched back to the high and it just started boosting like it should. Switching from low to hi must have tripped the actuator or something. But now it hits 15lbs consistently. Its a HUGE difference from 8lbs to 15lbs. Feels like a rocket ship on wheels. I had a little race with a 2004 AUDI S4 supercharged. Beat him. Sorry about your 30K car being beating by a 7K car. :loser:

#10 ·
Hahahaha yeah that dude pretty much sucked the fatty on the drift attempt. I'm going to take it nice and slow learning to drift properly in an open parking lot with nothing to hit. No need to rush perfection. Haha. First item I'm getting is winter tires cause I got about a month before the snow starts flying. Although I will be driving my impreza as my DD for the winter.

#13 ·
Took the car to the Mob Theory Shop to tighten up the front end. Getting new outer tie rods and tension rods. Also getting some stance Coilovers since mine are pretty sloppy. The pillow ball mounts are gone so its time for new ones. I also ordered up a Wink mirror so no more blind spots.

#19 · (Edited)
Hahaha well thank you. That's my camping and party mobile. Its an 87 with a 350 TBI. I put a 4in lift and some 33in MT tires and chrome rims on it. Its so damn nice for camping and sleeping in. It can fit a queen size air matress. It has rear AC and heater. its also a 9 seater. I can fit my dogs,camping gear, DJ set up and speakers, generator, beer pong table, big wheel and dirt bikes on my suburban. I like to have fun when camping.

usual camping set up. Speakers, beer pong, dirt bikes and fun times!

I have the tall boy and low rider

#20 · (Edited)
That is going to be fun, stay off the curbs. I'd recommend a deatschwerks dw300 pump over the walbro. Mine isn't noisy and it flows over 320lph. The oem denso supra pump is also high quality but you may want to get the upgraded version if you go that route.

#25 ·
The Stance coils are amazing. They feel so good going down bumpy roads and the damper adjustability is just so nice. When the coils were first on the car it was riding quite high in the front.

So i lowered the front 2in and now its level. Back to bumper scraping height. :banana:

Also got a new set of rims and tires for a sweet deal.

Burned off my old tires. Video coming soon.

#31 ·
Did my first autocross on sunday and man was it fun. First time competing I had a blast. The Nissan handled very predictably and power was perfect. I was running about 15psi. The only thing i will change for next time is get better tires and add a little camber to the front tires, they needed it. Other than that car was feeling great. It was fun learning how to take corners hard and not applying the gas until i knew the traction was there. Damn you subies!!!

Pics

My competition that day was Andy and his 240 with an SR20 in it. I still won. ahaha

GoPro video

#34 ·
I haven't updated this in quite a while. The 240 has been running great for me. I havent done much to it but drive it around and have fun. Now that its brutal winter in MT It doesnt get out much. I try and drive it once a week.

Eating leaves for breakfast

This is how she sits now. Just waiting for warm days to stretch her legs.

I started DRIFT 406 over a year ago and its finally growing a following. We have been having local car meets every other week. More and more people show up all the time. Its nice to try and start a car club and it actually works. Everyone has had a very positive attitude at the meets even when a few ricey cars show up. I made a little video of some clips from the meets in November.

Heres a few pics from the car meets

Lots of subies show up

Jap muscle

Beautiful RX7

Brand New FRS with body kit from factory

I have big plans for 2014. I'm working on moving to Spokane WA this spring so that i can actually practice drifting at a track. There is basically nowhere to drift in MT at all. I have been following Stateline Drift over by Post Falls ID for a couple years now. They have drift events almost every weekend throughout the summer. It just looks like way too much fun. I need me some practice and thats what im gonna do. I'm also getting a Canon Rebel T3i camera soon so I can get HD video and pictures of the drifting to come.

#35 ·
I'm going to paint my car this spring. Get rid of that fading camo. I want a bright and eye catching color. So im pretty sure im going with the Plasti Dip Teal. Looks like this

I like the plasti dip because if i don't like it I can peal it off. But its a little to green for me. i want it more blue like this.

And A big ol DRIFT 406 decals on the back window

#36 · (Edited)
I got me some new products to test out from Enjuku Racing. They needed a few product testers and i just happen to fit the bill. So i got a safety tow strap and some spring loaded steel race latches.

Now I can get towed off the track safely and have a quick release front bumper. Install pics coming soon. Gotta drill out the rivets holding my front bumper on and mount up the latches.

I also got stickers in for my local car club drift 406. Thanks to Ross Perkins at Automersion for the sticker hook up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.