Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my 2004 WRX and it had 76k miles on it and I paid 14k for it.
Here is some pictures of the first day I brought it home.

As you can see here the engine Is dirty and the car was not washed
So I decided it was time to do some washing , waxing, polishing, and degreasing.
Pictures of it clean.

Clean engine bay

I decided to go with blue lug nuts.

Also decided i needed some bass so here is my small sub set up that is bolted down.

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I did not like how small the stock hood scoop was so i got 05 sti hood scoop.

white

PAinted to match (I did the painting myself it turned out pretty bad so i have to redo it).

Ok so i decided that stock was not enough. So i did Sti turbo, Sti intercooler, catless up pipe and downpipe and a walbro 255 fuel pump. Injectors are coming soon

turbo pic

Just got it reflashed to 8 psi till i can get injectors and a cobb access port.

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I finally got my samsung behold i thought i would test the 5 mega pixel camera.

Im still waiting to buy injectors and a access port. But 8 psi right now is still pretty damn fast.

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
NEW PHOTO SHOOT! Gave it a nice wash and took out to place called low river road. Some nice corners and a good place to take some pics.

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just got new 3 inch avo cat back exhaust. My quest for 300 WHP is getting closer.

My car has got some new things.
I traded my stock head lights for these cleared out headlights. I also randomly lost a foglight surround so upgraded to sti covers.

Did a trunk swap and got sti spoiler!

I also traded the HKS BOV for 60 bucks plus a stock 07 BPV. My car seems to run alot smoother now.

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
did you get it tuned after those mods?

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,278 Posts
You should take the BOV off, and get an OpenECU clone of the cobb stage 2.5 reflash from someone with a laptop and tactrix cable...

-- Dave

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
You should take the BOV off, and get an OpenECU clone of the cobb stage 2.5 reflash from someone with a laptop and tactrix cable...

-- Dave
X10000000000000000000

get rid of the BOV, and get a tune other wise you can say buh bye to that engine.

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
No i have not got it tuned im waiting till i get injectors, i have been easy on it and have not took it past 8 psi i know what i am doing.

·
Banned
349 Posts
no offense, but if you knew what you were doing, you wouldnt have done those mods without having a tune planned IMMEDIATELY after installation. Even not boosting it much isnt a fail safe. Get a tune ASAP. I'm not trying to be a dick, just dont wanna see your car get messed up.

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be using aftermarket lugs nuts with stock wheels. The taper is different...

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The taper is not different actually, I have talked to several les schwab people about it. It only is like that on hondas and acuras.

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ALso i was planning on getting a tune and just running 8 psi till i can find a set of injectors but my tuner was busy with sema and shit so i was not able to get it done.

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK UPDATE FOR THE TUNING NAZIS

Just got it relashed and im running 8 psi till i can get injectors and a access port.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts