Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts
This is an RS, non-turbo so there would be a point of swapping a wrx or sti motor
Yea I know that. It's clear from your engine bay shot that you're N/A. Also that's a matter of opinion. Considering that the cost of swapping can exceed $10,000 if you're not careful, it's more cost effective to just buy a WRX. Also the hassle of having to get it CARB'ed makes it less alluring. The main reason people swap engines in a Subaru is b/c a certain powerplant was never offered here in that chassis (IE: the GC/GF). Some will say that a good reason to swap is b/c "Insurance is cheaper on an RS" but it would take 20+ years for the savings to offset the costs of a swap. So again kind of pointless.

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
Yea I know that. It's clear from your engine bay shot that you're N/A. Also that's a matter of opinion. Considering that the cost of swapping can exceed $10,000 if you're not careful, it's more cost effective to just buy a WRX. Also the hassle of having to get it CARB'ed makes it less alluring. The main reason people swap engines in a Subaru is b/c a certain powerplant was never offered here in that chassis (IE: the GC/GF). Some will say that a good reason to swap is b/c "Insurance is cheaper on an RS" but it would take 20+ years for the savings to offset the costs of a swap. So again kind of pointless.
yeah but STi powerplant wasnt offered in the bugeye. sure they were in the other GDs, but i think i bugeye swap would be cool since its still unique. just my opinion.

clean bay man! NA ftw!! lol

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts
yeah but STi powerplant wasnt offered in the bugeye. sure they were in the other GDs, but i think i bugeye swap would be cool since its still unique. just my opinion.

clean bay man! NA ftw!! lol
Reading>You

and what's cheaper? GD2.5RS=STI or a WRX+EJ257S/B???

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
Reading>You

and what's cheaper? GD2.5RS=STI or a WRX+EJ257S/B???
I can read just fine thank you.

My point was that since the bugeye wasn't offered as an STi, it's still unique. Swapping an STi power train into an 04 RS, I agree pointless. But since the bugeyes weren't offered with the STi power train from the factory, it's still cool and unique. Also, cost is all person specific. Example. I paid 4700$ for my bugeye. I've seen people on here pay 6k$, maybe more on their GC. So say there's a full on swap for sale for 8k$. Whose total cost is gonna be cheaper? This is just an example, I know real swap costs can be much higher.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just stating my .02.

OP, any short terms plan for it? Looking great man

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts

*My point was that since the bugeye wasn't offered as an STi, it's still unique. Swapping an STi power train into an 04 RS, I agree pointless. But since the bugeyes weren't offered with the STi power train from the factory, it's still cool and unique. Also, cost is all person specific. Example. *I paid 4700$ for my bugeye. I've seen people on here pay 6k$, maybe more on their GC. So say there's a full on swap for sale for 8k$. Whose total cost is gonna be cheaper? This is just an example, I know real swap costs can be much higher.

So then why are you talking? I said it was pointless now you're saying it's pointless. Is there an echo in here? :yapyap:

Again your post is merely a value judgement and thus useless information. I never made a comparison between the costs of swapping a GC and swapping GD. I stated that it's pointless to swap a GD RS when you could buy a complete WRX or STI for cheaper... I also said that
The main reason people swap engines in a Subaru is b/c a certain powerplant was never offered here in that chassis (IE: the GC/GF)
And if one has such a hard on for an STI w/ the bugeye look then then wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy an '04 and put an '02 front end on it??? :crazy:

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts

*My point was that since the bugeye wasn't offered as an STi, it's still unique. Swapping an STi power train into an 04 RS, I agree pointless. But since the bugeyes weren't offered with the STi power train from the factory, it's still cool and unique. Also, cost is all person specific. Example. *I paid 4700$ for my bugeye. I've seen people on here pay 6k$, maybe more on their GC. So say there's a full on swap for sale for 8k$. Whose total cost is gonna be cheaper? This is just an example, I know real swap costs can be much higher.

So then why are you talking? I said it was pointless now you're saying it's pointless. Is there an echo in here? :yapyap:

Again your post is merely a value judgement and thus useless information not worht the .02. I never made a comparison between the costs of swapping a GC and swapping GD. I stated that it's pointless to swap a GD RS when you could buy a complete WRX or STI for cheaper.
And if one has such a hard on for an STI w/ the bugeye look then then wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy an '04 and put an '02 front end on it??? :crazy:

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts

Again your post is merely a value judgement and thus useless information. I never made a comparison between the costs of swapping a GC and swapping GD. I stated that it's pointless to swap a GD RS when you could buy a complete WRX or STI for cheaper... I also said that
because the 04 RS isnt the bugeye. now you saying buy an 04 STi and swap the front end, ok you got me there. and you cant really compare a swapped bugeye cost to a factory STi bugeye cus it doesnt exist..but yea swap cost would probably exceed just buying an STi, and swapping an 02 front end. sorry for voicing my opinion...just trying to maybe see it as the OP does.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.