Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not too much different from everybody else's... Hella fun!

Ganzflow intake, Amsoil air filter, Magnecore wires, NGK type V spark plugs, Naxos universal SS muffler (custom exhaust), Version 6 spoiler, Dunlop SP Sport 5000 tires, and a few DIY mods... more to come. :drool:

Redline MT-90 tranny and diff, Amsoil 0w-30 series 2000 motor oil

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
kickin_81

all good!! so it is you! Sup Fong!! well i'm just doing some surfing and all. i gotta get a ride in your RS someday!! See you around!!!;)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They say that Redline MT-90 fluid is, arguably, the best fluid for daily driving and occasional racing. It evens out the balance for the diff and tranny. I'm gonna need to replace it soon (every 30,000 miles i think), because I've put on a lot of miles on it. I didn't notice a difference because when I purchased the car, I didn't drive it like I do today. All I know is that my diff and tranny are well protected and runs really smoothly. A two thumbs up for this fluid for being all good and no bad. By the way, it's good to own a car no one else has... :lol:

Fuji, we'll go cruising some day. Cross your fingers...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shucks... I don't know if I should lower it. Some of the areas where I travel do have crazy dips, and I'd prefer the bottom front to be nice and unscratched. :happynow: I do have rear and front strut towers and an 18mm sway not too far away. I would love to have the car lowered for the looks, but I'm looking for speed just to give the one... two... punch an uppercut! :boxer: I hear headers, cams, and an E-Ram charger...:drool: A less than $1600 investment.

·
Registered
286 Posts
oooo.....shiny. Eyecandy. Mmmm

I think you could proly lower it a tiny bit and still tackle the dips. More important than lowering it is the increased handling. Subaru's have a lot of potential to handle really well with a good set up.

-Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts