Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very stealthy. Even comes with a new spare tire cover that's vented for the sub. Very tempting, given that my spare cover is broken, and this is cheaper than a factory replacement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, they look nice. The only thing I don't like about the spare tire enclosures is that I would have to give up the cargo liner.

I ended up fiberglassing my own sub box right behind the drivers side wheel hump. Turned out fairly well for my first attempt and at $200 it's cheaper than the $600 that a audio place wanted.

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
i put to much nasty stuff in the back of mine to have my sub under it all.

i have thought about doing that i think the GFs are alot shalower then GDs i think don't quote me on that

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's why I love the cargo liner. I can throw all the dirty shit in the back and just wash the liner when I was the car.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, 199
1,070 Posts
I'm not sure about the sound, I'm guessing that it would kinda push up on the floor and rattle. That or its just not the same as a sealed or ported box. Seems like a prety big area for a 10".

·
Registered
'88 911 Carrera 3.2
222 Posts
That's how mine is installed, albeit I built the box rather than bought it. It keeps the rear of the car plenty useful and I've still put some heavy stuff on it. There are some frequencies that cause some odd vibration sounds, but honestly, I think that's more from panelling in the car than the spare tire cover being over the sub.
-N

1 - 8 of 8 Posts