Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dealer I get my car from decides they don't want their badge coming off anytime soon, so they drill the huge fucker into my trunk. The right side is already partially falling off, and so you can see how big the holes are. I am very displeased with this... So I guess I would have to get it shaved if I want it off. Anyone know roughly how much this service would cost, and where a good place I could go to get it done?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Make your dealer pay for it. That's pretty lame drilling through a new body panel. Tell them you'll trade them for a handy dandy license plate thingee with their gay ass bullshit dealership info.

Sorry, I hate when businesses go overboard on advertising. Can I look anywhere without an ad? Indy was the first test market for those gas pump TV's. Then threre's the ads in fron of my face in the urinals at every restaraunt in town, park benches, backs of supermarket receipts, in the shopping carts, blah blah blah.

Sorry, again. It really pisses me off. Cheer me up by going back to the dealership, ripping off the badge, throwing it at the salesman/owner/head sales manager, whoever, and tell them, "You can take your silly badge, turn it sideways, and shove it up your candy ass!"

Ahhhhh....all better

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dude, that's friggen crazy. They drilled into the trunk lid to put their badge on??? Yeah, I'd definately go back to the dealer on that one...

·
Registered
26 Posts
That makes me glad my dealer kept it simple w/ licenese plate frames! I too would make the dealer get me a new trunk lid... and an aluminum one at that! I would take it up w/ the dealers authorized Subaru rep. If they are an authorized Subaru dealer, I don't think they are authorized to drill a hole in your trunk.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, well unfortunately I don't have the option of going back to the dealer, seeing as it is way the hell out in the boonies of Louisiana... So my only option is shaving. Will that get the job done, and keep it looking good? Or will a new trunk lid be needed? Hopefully not, because if the latter, I will be keeping the damn badge on... ARGHHHH!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Damn, that blows dude.

Definately get it shaved.. There are people with shaved trunk keyholes. You'll have to go to a custom fab shop though. There is one guy in houston that had his done. The only problem is, he no longer owns an RS and doesn't get on I-club any more. Try PMing 'skeletor' and asking him.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2Point5RS said:
Damn, that blows dude.

Definately get it shaved.. There are people with shaved trunk keyholes. You'll have to go to a custom fab shop though. There is one guy in houston that had his done. The only problem is, he no longer owns an RS and doesn't get on I-club any more. Try PMing 'skeletor' and asking him.
Alright, thanks man, I'll do that.
Do you think you could give me a rough estimate on how much it would cost? Either way I am going to get it done, I just want to know what to be expecting when I take it in.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bah, skeletor is an invalid user name, so I guess he is no longer a member...

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
2Point5RS said:
oops.. my bad.. I thought you knew him. :)

skeletor25rs
I thought everyone did too...:lol:

He's the guy at the autocross with the Silver RS with the GReddy snowplow...;)

You should have told the dealership to remove that shit before you would take it! Oh well, that's in the past...:(

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I talked to him for a second, he uhh, was a bit weird.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes... It is unfortunate.
I read in a review from some... place, about how the Impreza is the ultimate nerd car.
They said they were surprised that it didn't have an in-dash pimple cream despenser. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kaboom said:
thats kind of funny
You're damn right it's kind of funny. Because really it wasn't. I don't see how they find it to be a nerd car, even though I do. lol. I mean look at me, am I a nerd? Of course not!

......(remembers he posts on internet forums about his car all day long and is doing the same right now at 1:00 in the morning of a friday night/saturday morning)

Well shit...
Atleast I don't have acne. So the pimple cream despenser is unnessecary!

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Generalization? You mean not everyone who drives the Impreza is like me?!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts