Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prolly a stupid ? but i picked up free wrx oem axle back today and i was wondering how much work it would take to knock the baffles out to it would effectivly be a straight pipe. Not all too concerned about hp gains im just poor and want to do something fun that might make my car sound meaner:)

-Dustin

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
When you unbolt your stock muffler, don't bolt the WRX one on. that will make it sound really mean.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i agree, just don't put it on, just leave it an open pipe

the power gains cannot be matched by anything axle back, purely because of the bends in the pipe

just leave a open pipe at the axle, if you drive for a week w/ it, and can stand the sound you won't regret it

however if you can't take the sound after a week of being mufflerless and you put one on, you'll be sad about the power...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
If you're gonna drive around without an axle-back muffler, you'll have to consider the headaches and dizzyness associated with the exhaust getting into the cabin area where you sit.

I'm saying that if you can slip it on without clearance problems, shit! Go for it! It should free more power for you because it is a manufacturer built exhaust for a turboed car. Give us your impression with it on. :)

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Well, I wonder if a MRT Headerback would be better than Brullen Header->catless or Random Tech Cat->stromung midpipe->2.25" straightpipe?

·
Registered
123 Posts
just to say, i actually got less exhaust smell in the cabin when the exhaust was cutoff at the axle than i do since putting the muffler on

however it's just as loud as my friends straight through ford f150, when i didn't have the muffler on

it's VERY VERY loud,

it grumbles and burbles at idle it's almost v8ish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts