Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2004 Forester XT
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I'm about to pickup a set of side skirts with the front aeroguards and the rear spats w/aeroguards as well. I'm planning to get a set of rally armor mudflaps as well and was wondering if there was any issues fitting the mudflaps with the aeroguards (front & rear) in place by offsetting the flap from where it was typically rest against the sideskirt/bumper & rear bumper/spat. I really need a set of mudflaps for where I live due to the terribly dirty country roads I have to drive on going to work and this would greatly reduce all the mud/dirt streaking across the car. Thanks for any info!

btw here's a picture of how the car would look for reference.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,001 Posts
You need longer hardware to reach through the guards, they'll push the flaps forward towards the tire a wee bit but ive seen plenty of people run both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weird.. was just thinking about this as well.. I pulled my spats off since they looked like they were sagging and not really installed well previously... after pulling them off, there were paint issues underneath (they rubbed the panels underneath and the paint flaked off with it).

Gonna try to reinstall them tomorrow night/this weekend to re-cover the bare spots, and then do the mudflaps over them! After holding them up to the car with the flaps on it, it looks like the spats will need to go in between the flaps and the rest of the body panels.

Thanks in advance for the info!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza OBS
193 Posts
I am running rear spats and mudflaps, just longer screws, not to hard to install, a second pair of hands help a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 Impreza OBS
193 Posts
No I do not, but I do know they were about a half inch longer than the provided ones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2004 Forester XT
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks tricky...mind taking a full side pic of the car when you get the chance? going to debate on doin the side skirts/guards now that i see it kinda.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm trying to understand rear spats and the aero guards sutuation. Looks like the rear of my 98 RS has the mud/aero guards but no spats and wondering if the rear spats fit with those or the aero + spat is a different part entirely.

Did a search - thus thread revival.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts