Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Subura 2.5 RS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that your cold air intake? Is the air coming in from the scoop Hood, I just was thinking of building my own! It would be the cheapest way, I was thinking of using the Trans Am airbox and building a bracket to hold it in place, the hardest thing would be building something the run the water off and not into the engine when it rains, but that picture you sent looks like it does just that!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No that’s not my design. On of the guys out here, Sean (TMRRALLY), came up with that one. His company is Gravel Sport. It’s not as simple as you might think to just slap on an intake. I thought it was but then Sean dropped knowledge on me one day. This is what I gathered from what he told me. Correct me if I’m wrong here guys.

You have to do two things when you engineer an intake or performance will be compromised rather than improved. You have to keep the proper amount of air between the filter and the throttle body otherwise the car will bog when you step on it. The air also has to be able to move through the intake, past the filter, into the throttle body at the proper velocity otherwise the car will not get a consistent supply of air and can’t run optimally.

I have a 2002 RS and I’m going to get a WRX hood just so I can use this intake.

Rain is no sweat with it either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts